Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M8 + Spektrum module = bad range...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default M8 + Spektrum module = bad range...?

hi, i have an M8 transmitter with Spektrum Pro 2.4ghz module and receiver and i seem to be getting short range... the car only goes to about 200 feet away and the servos already starts twitching shortly before going into fail safe... i walk a few steps towards the car and regain control... i have tested the receiver battery right after today's driving session and it tests at 6.5 volts so i'm pretty sure under voltage is not the problem...

the receiver antenna has not been cut and as much of it as possible is exposed inside an antenna tube... the M8 with Spektrum module has been modified so that the 2.4ghz antenna resides in the stock antenna holder of the M8 like in this website:

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=16&page=5

i'm wondering if this modification is affecting the range...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I had the same issue with the M8 and the Spektrum antenna mod. When I modified it so the antenna was higher up it worked much better.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi, thanks for confirming the problem... i shaved off the very bottom part of the antenna with a Dremel so it will fit on the top hole of the antenna holder of the M8... i then super glued the antenna in the hole so it will not fall off... i'm pretty sure this will fix the problem...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

are you running the newer reciever with the pro or one of the older(first or second edition)? If its a older reciever we have seen binding and range probs.

just our observations.,,,
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi, how do i find out what version receiver do i have...? the receiver is the Pro SR3001...