Wiki Posts
Search

xcelorin trouble??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default xcelorin trouble??

I have 1/10 xcelorin and red light keeps flashing tryed new batts using 7 cell4600mah it will go in profile 3 but when i pick profile1 it will go slow but when i full throttle it will slow and red light flashes also if i stand in front of it with it against my foot it will stutter and light starts flashing i have set yo nihm and tryed all setting nothing will fix also what does new firmware do will that fix issues please help?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The new firmware is only for an issue when using the Xcelorin with Futaba Fasst systems. It will not fix your issue. Did the speedo ever work right to begin with? If not and it is still under warranty get it sent back to be fixed.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You seem to be describing the Sensorless ESC.

Profile One default is set up with 3S lipo setting which is why the RED led is coming on because LVC is being detected. Also this profile has no reverse.

Profile Two default is NiMH and no-cut off but the throttle limit is set to 80%

Profile Three default is NiMH also and throttle limit set to 60%

When up against your foot and punched the esc will drawn significant amperage and will again stutter because of this.

is the ESC sensorless? If so what motor, gearing, vehicle?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

yes it is sensorless but when i first got it i ran 7 cell losi 4600 and it was fine it is suppose to run profile one so it will do 50 like losi states and it did for 12 or 13 times then it won go in profile 2 and now it flashes red in profile 3 low voltage is suppose to shut off on nihm setting
Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ya just sent my system in today. seems that they know of issues that it has. they asked no questions and stated it would be taken care of wuickly and returned promptly. My issues were alot more complex than yours but still it has issues none the less. but i can rag on Losi though. the systems are new and look at any new electronics out there. they have bugs too. Im a Losi guy through and through. the only other vehicle i own besides the Losi is a Caster. and thats only cuz i know the guy who designed it and am helping the guy who is the sole US supplier help build his new indoor track.