Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system. >

Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
That'd be me
Will there be a DSM2 version of this radio coming out? DX3R2?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just FYI. I was able to get my hands on one of these at the iHobby Expo last week. The radio as a whole seems pretty good, but I was not a fan of the wheel. It is quite stiff, and there appears to be no way to adjust it. I'm not trying to bash this radio, I just think people should be aware of this before placing orders. It might pay to get one in your hands before dropping your hard earned cash.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Does the dx3s have a dedicated lap timing feature that can automatically record lap times without hitting the timing button?

I'm a little confused with the 'timing' function. According to the manual, you can use it as a stop watch to time single laps, obviously just one lap, then reset, then you can time the 3rd lap.
But with the included telemetry receiver of the dx3s, there is a 'lap' input. Does this mean this dx3s can use spectrums lap timing trigger. If so, I cant see how it would be displayed on the current dx3s. Then you would have to get the electric or nitro telemetry combo, which defeats the purchase of getting this radio system if lap timing is an important
Old 12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
rhino420

i couldn't find a dx3r thread so maybe you guys can help me out im looking at getting either the dx3r or dx3s not sure which one yet but i currently have two dx2.0 with i think the sr3000 rx... so my question is will the dx3r work with my current sr3000 or do i have to upgrade those receivers too? also im racing my two trucks i have now and i dont bash anymore so im looking for i guess a race level radio which why i was looking at the dx3r... one last thing if this is needed i run a losi8t brushless on a 1 large track and a slash on a small track thanks in advance. for anyhelp!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rhino420
i couldn't find a dx3r thread so maybe you guys can help me out im looking at getting either the dx3r or dx3s not sure which one yet but i currently have two dx2.0 with i think the sr3000 rx... so my question is will the dx3r work with my current sr3000 or do i have to upgrade those receivers too? also im racing my two trucks i have now and i dont bash anymore so im looking for i guess a race level radio which why i was looking at the dx3r... one last thing if this is needed i run a losi8t brushless on a 1 large track and a slash on a small track thanks in advance. for anyhelp!!
Yes it works with the regular SR3000 receiver, I have used it. As I understand it the DX3R works with all receivers except the SR3000HRS receiver (which is a Futaba 3PK special version). Including the Losi ones in some of the RTRs.
The thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...on-thread.html
Old 12-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default telemetry

who really needs this feature? If you wanted these features you could have had the original from Nomadio, but everyone seems to think that JR Radios are the cats ass when it comes to quality and innovation. At least when Futaba comes out with a product they do not have binding issues and quality issues. I know this will evoke a lot of comments but thats what these forums are for, correct?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

What exactly does the sub trims do?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sub Trim is used to center a servo due to the non exact ergonomics of the servo horn, without sacrificing actual servo travel.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 PM
rhino420

question?

so the telemetry portion of this radio i know was made for nitro but can it also be used for electric lets say the temp sensor be placed on the electric motor to make sure gearing and motor temps are reasonable or maybe on the esc or battery to make sure your not cooking them. also could there be a way to use the speedometer sensor on the electric motor? i know the speedometer sensor is placed by a fly wheel to see the revolutions could it also be set next to lets say a pinion ? or something like that? any opinions on this? or am i not understanding they way this system works ? i am picking mine up this sat. im picking this over the dx3r for two major reasons the extra receiver and price... and also as much as i try i will never be a professional rc car driver were i will need all the features the dx3r has and im an offroad guy so the dsm2 isnt going to be a big factor for me. thank for all that helped with my decision !

Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Absolutely the telemetry can be used with electrics. You can actually use the Head-temp sensor around the can of the motor to keep an eye on can temps. You can also use the speed sensor for top speed too, but I would probably go to the spur gear and not the pinion.

Here's the link to the electric sensor package as well

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1400
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bump
What exactly does the sub trims do?
I use the digital sub-trims in the menu to get me in the ball park regarding steering and throttle trim and use the grip dial buttons to fine tune things.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
rhino420

that is awesome !!!! thanks so much this just made this radio purchase 20 times sweeter!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Been using this with my brother for a month now. The telemetry is amazing! Very responsive and accurate.

It is perfect for a beginner (my brother has used it without any help from me with his Shark) and is so easy to navigate.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a problem with Spectrum DX3S reciever SR300 connected to GV Electronic Speed Control, has anyone encountered this ?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Never heard of that brand, but what is the issue itself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.