Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venom Pro Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Venom Pro Charger

I just tried to charge my 2s Lipo for the 2nd time but my charger keeps giving me a "battery check....low voltage" warning and won't charge. I'm pretty new to the electric scene and my manual says nothing about this. Any help or suggestions would be great.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's the batts voltage?

If its below 3v/cell (6v), charger won't start charge since it thinks batt is overdischarged. Not familar with your charger, check to see what minimum cell voltage is and if its adjustable. It may be higher than 3v/c which would not help. If you can lower it to a value that is lower than the batt reads, it should start charging.

Sounds like this batt is not new? You may have overdischarged it. You might be able to charge it as a NiMH at 1amp until voltage gets above cutoff. Be careful doing this and as soon as voltage is high enough, shut it down and start over but using the lipo setting. It should charge if its fairly new. If its been used a good deal or is way overdischarged, it may puff (swell). If it does, its time for a new batt. A puffed cell is potentially dangerous to charge or to use.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default More Questions on Venom Pro

I have the Venom Pro and I have an issue of the following sequence:

I'll be charging and then I'll get a "connection break" error message. Not sure if there really was a connection break, but regardless, I get it.

Then I hit stop and then restart the charging sequence. After that, the charger will tell me shortly that the battery is fully charged. However, it's not. It'll say 8.4V, however if I put on another charger it'll be around 7.4V. That charger will then charge it to capacity. After I run the battery again, the venom pro works again as if nothing happened.

Any insight as to how to get my venom pro to pick it up after a "connection break"?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you are using the "Deans" connector that in included in the kit I've seen some of these go bad or have been bad right out of the box. Try to replace the Deans connector. If not you might want to work with another person who ownes this charger and troubleshoot by using different cables until you isolate the problem.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

^^^ I agree - sounds like prob in the charging leads. I'd check all the soldered connections, wiggle them and see if you can produce an open circuit. I assume these came with the charger? If this is one of the fake deans type plugs, lots of those seem to be causing probs.