Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
DESCRIPTION OF SPEKTRUM FUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH? >

DESCRIPTION OF SPEKTRUM FUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH?

DESCRIPTION OF SPEKTRUM FUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow DESCRIPTION OF SPEKTRUM FUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH?

Just wondering if anyone can explain to me in a little bit easier to understand language what the functions sub trim, exponential rates etc mean. The radio i'm using is the spektrum dx3.0. So far it's been good but i really want to utilise all the features and really dial it in. Any help would be great
Old 07-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sub trim: you use this to make minor adjustmenst to the trim, so if its just vearing to the left or something and a full click of trim makes it go to far you use this to adjust it,

Exponential: How fast ur servos respond to the turn of the wheel on the Transmitter.

if you have an e-mail address i can photocopy the manual. PM me if you wont a copy

Mitchell
Old 07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Just wondering if anyone can explain to me in a little bit easier to understand language what the functions sub trim, exponential rates etc mean. The radio i'm using is the spektrum dx3.0. So far it's been good but i really want to utilise all the features and really dial it in. Any help would be great
OK, here goes:
Sub Trim-
The radio has 2 really. One in the menu system itself and one around the wheel. I always use the trim settings in the menu to get myself in the ballpark and use the trim buttons around the wheel to fine tune the trim. You'll have trims and sub-trims for steering, throttle, and brake.

Expo-
Some people think that this speeds up or slows down your servo's speed; this is not true. Think of this as how sensitive your inputs are going to be around center. The problem is that , depending on the radio, positive and negative values "can" be reversed. I am pretty sure on the DX3.0 positive expo reduces the responsiveness and throw around center while negative increases it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

basicly what i said, but in more detail, and thats true about the speed of the servo, its just the reaction time