Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Charger that displays charge taken? >

Charger that displays charge taken?

Charger that displays charge taken?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Charger that displays charge taken?

Hi, i am after a charger that will display the charge taken from the battery.

i currently use a ko-propo BX-212 charger to charge:

Receiver packs
Transmitter packs
7.2v Batteries for the starter boxes
Glow starters

now, all the batteries are nimh cells (which the BX-212 shouldnt really be used for) but one of the great things about this charger is that it displays the charge taken from the battery. So, if ive left a battery charging when i'm not in the room, and it finishes, i know exactly how much charge the battery has had, because it tells me on the display.

Now i have another charger (shumacher PC6 i think) which just charges, then stops when its done, (or thinks it is done) so if i come into the room, and it has finished, i dont know if it was charging for 5 minutes or an hour!

so....

What i am after is another charger that will charge what i need, but will give me a readout like the ko propo does when its done, so i KNOW how much charge the batteries have had! Preferably without spending a fortune.

Now in a perfect world, the charger should never switch off early, and the ko never does, but the schumacher seems to have a mind of its own at times, even on nice new batteries, and with no audible beep to say its done, unless you sit there watching it you dont really know if its charged properly or not.

so please could you knowledgable guys suggest a charger that will do what i require? i have no need for a lipo charger by the way, just a nimh charger with a display that tells me the current taken.

Thanks a lot guys, and i'm sorry for the long post.

Andy
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default .

my mrc 989 brain does that interested it I am selling it, check my post in the for sale section