Hobbywing ESC's

Old 09-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
did u buy that version of hobbypartz?
Yes sir... all my Xerun stuff comes from HobbyPartz or Nitro RCX there sister site. Sometimes one is cheaper than another.
They both are the same warehouse
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi all , i have the xerun 60a 2.1 as above except in black , if i buy the program box what does it do ? the speedy is paired with an 8.5 xerun motor and powers a xxx4 . cheers
Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The program box allows you to scroll through and update esc settings via a menu, instead of relying on the SET button and blinking lights. It also allows you to download new firmware, I believe.*
I'm still new to the hobbywing products. Took delivery of a 120a 1s speedy this week. Planned to use it for my 2wd truck and occasionally 1/12.*
Anyway, with stock right out of the box setup, I have had no luck getting it to work with my hw ezrun 4300kv motor. The motor runs but it has no top speed at all. It's worse than a 540 silver can. And after a few minutes, it would stop running. If I didn't know better, I wouldve thought it was temp cut off or low voltage cut off. I have swopped in a Novak ballistic motor and tried different lipo packs but the same problems persist - no top speed and cut off after around 2mins.*
As a last resort, I swopped in my RSPro, keeping all other equipment equal, and it run without any issues. Baffled.
Does anyone have any suggestions on esc setup or configuration that I might have missed. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
The program box allows you to scroll through and update esc settings via a menu, instead of relying on the SET button and blinking lights. It also allows you to download new firmware, I believe.*
I'm still new to the hobbywing products. Took delivery of a 120a 1s speedy this week. Planned to use it for my 2wd truck and occasionally 1/12.*
Anyway, with stock right out of the box setup, I have had no luck getting it to work with my hw ezrun 4300kv motor. The motor runs but it has no top speed at all. It's worse than a 540 silver can. And after a few minutes, it would stop running. If I didn't know better, I wouldve thought it was temp cut off or low voltage cut off. I have swopped in a Novak ballistic motor and tried different lipo packs but the same problems persist - no top speed and cut off after around 2mins.*
As a last resort, I swopped in my RSPro, keeping all other equipment equal, and it run without any issues. Baffled.
Does anyone have any suggestions on esc setup or configuration that I might have missed. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.
ok , ive read abit about updating the firmware , my xerun works finr as is and i use the program card to tweek a little , but have read threads were guys are talking about turbo and stuff and just wonder what its all about . so are their more tuning options when buying the box , throttle curve ect ? deffinately interested in more power and tuning possibilitys . cheers
Old 09-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just installed an XERUN 80A 1/8 esc in my 4x4 SCT with a Novak 4.5 HV 550 and its stuttering when I apply full throttle. If I gradually apply it seems ok, I am using Venom 5000 20c and pro-tech 3200 25c batteries. When I used the same combo with my Novak GTB esc I had no problems at all. I have the program box, is there something else I need to change?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
I just installed an XERUN 80A 1/8 esc in my 4x4 SCT with a Novak 4.5 HV 550 and its stuttering when I apply full throttle. If I gradually apply it seems ok, I am using Venom 5000 20c and pro-tech 3200 25c batteries. When I used the same combo with my Novak GTB esc I had no problems at all. I have the program box, is there something else I need to change?
Lower your punch & timing.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
Is the green led flashing like it is running in sensor-less mode ? I had that same ESC in my Ve8 but always ran it with the stock 2250 kv motor.
You might try and upgrade the firmware to the mod version also for more options.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Lower your punch & timing.
I changed the punch to level 1 and the timing to 0 and it seems pretty good now, thanks. When my 65C batts arrive I should be able to increase the timing right?

Originally Posted by Manatarms25
Is the green led flashing like it is running in sensor-less mode ? I had that same ESC in my Ve8 but always ran it with the stock 2250 kv motor.
You might try and upgrade the firmware to the mod version also for more options.
When I turn it on the led blinks green twice. Is that sensorless mode? I thought it automatically detected sensored/sensorless?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default 150A esc

I have a 150A esc, and a Tekin 1400kv motor, in a Losi8TE. I have 6s cells for it, and wondered if anybody had an idea of setup suggestions. I also wondered if the turbo software can bo installed on the bigger controlers? I'm guessing that I will need the box not the card to install the software, but was wondering, before I burnt it up, LOL Chris
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RobbieS
Where would one purchase their speed controls?

Thanks
I have seen them on ebay for around $125.00. They come from hong kong so it c ould take over a week to get to the states! Looks like a good product i do not know how well they hold up. I would like to know for my self on that one!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default 150A esc

Got it running, my JR steering servo was bad. I also found that the directions said to reverse the throttle path on transmitter. If you have a futaba or a hitec radio, these radio's are negative pulse, so you don't have to reverse. I tried to program the radio to the esc 3 times before I swaped the path and darn the right lights came on and 1st time in normal worked perfect. I'm excited to try it out, but will have to pull middle diff and put fluid in it. Losi didn't put anything in it, and I'm putting 10,000 in, because I don't want it to totally unload under throttle. I'm hoping, after reading about it that the 6s will run cooler with big preformance. It programed great with the card and a nitro pack. also how I figured the servo was junk. hope to have imput after tomorrow, Chris
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys,
i have a EZrun 120a sc8/tenshock sc401 5200kv motor in my SSCLCG slash 4x4 and last race day before the A-main the motor stuttered and wouldent get up to speed. it would just stutter then stop. so after allot of reving it finaly stopped stuttering and got up to full speed but when i took it off throttle it would stutter again and would take a few pulls on the throttle to get it to start working again so i reved it a bit before putting it on the track and it dident stutter after that and i took first. this also happend the night before that race as soon as i turned it on, so i rebuilt the motor and cleaned it and then when i plugged it back in it worked with no stutter.

any idea's what this could be? i bench tested the motor and its fine so im guessing it has to be the esc. before i run it again i am going to re-program and re-calibrate the esc to see if that fixes it.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Lord

Check d timing, punch n switch.

Originally Posted by RC demon
hey guys,
i have a EZrun 120a sc8/tenshock sc401 5200kv motor in my SSCLCG slash 4x4 and last race day before the A-main the motor stuttered and wouldent get up to speed. it would just stutter then stop. so after allot of reving it finaly stopped stuttering and got up to full speed but when i took it off throttle it would stutter again and would take a few pulls on the throttle to get it to start working again so i reved it a bit before putting it on the track and it dident stutter after that and i took first. this also happend the night before that race as soon as i turned it on, so i rebuilt the motor and cleaned it and then when i plugged it back in it worked with no stutter.

any idea's what this could be? i bench tested the motor and its fine so im guessing it has to be the esc. before i run it again i am going to re-program and re-calibrate the esc to see if that fixes it.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
lip
Tech Regular

I might want to use this with 550 motors as well so I think I have to go with the 120A unit, correct?
is the price ever cheaper than $209 for this combo? Do I need the fan?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-8-5t-3...-120a-lcd.html
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by lip
I might want to use this with 550 motors as well so I think I have to go with the 120A unit, correct?
is the price ever cheaper than $209 for this combo? Do I need the fan?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-8-5t-3...-120a-lcd.html
Fan for esc yes. Motor? No need but it has to be 4pole n 550

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.