Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Horrible fate of a M8! >

Horrible fate of a M8!

Horrible fate of a M8!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Horrible fate of a M8!

I found this news, could be absolutely shock for people which love using chinese Lipos in the TXs:http://bbs.rcfans.com/viewthread.php...extra=page%3D1
The only thing i could say is, nor the chinese car Lipos could be safety if happened this, specially for those uncased ones.
The Korean Lipos still be the best, if the rules allow using in the next year then i wonder to purchase the Lipos of this country.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cases wouldn't help in a situation like you showed. They are meant to protect the lipo from damage.

Was it overcharged? Or overdischarged and then charged?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
Cases wouldn't help in a situation like you showed. They are meant to protect the lipo from damage.

Was it overcharged? Or overdischarged and then charged?
If the translation didn't "fool me", as they said, it happened while sleeping, i am convinced not turned on nor charging when this happened.
Anyway, try using translator of Google, try put the copy paste the link, from chinese to english, then try to analyse it by yourself.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

the owner was charging the M8 (using Lipo)...
Old 06-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by autostyle View Post
the owner was charging the M8 (using Lipo)...
If i am not wrong, you could be chinese.
As i saw from your website(RCfans), i saw bunch of chargers, batteries and BL sys. from different small factories which i never heard before.
Don't you think if there are some uncontrolled quality products in market of your country then happened the situation of that M8?
I heard from rumours of people which import chinese chargers, there are bunch of counterfeit ones appeared then blowup a lot of nimh.
That's why someguy said must go to LIPO on the cars as soon as be possible in the next year, but since of this case happened that makes me unsafety and uncouraged on the LIPOs.
If i have to buy, i must go to Orions battery and charger to make a set.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
If i am not wrong, you could be chinese.
As i saw from your website(RCfans), i saw bunch of chargers, batteries and BL sys. from different small factories which i never heard before.
Don't you think if there are some uncontrolled quality products in market of your country then happened the situation of that M8?
I heard from rumours of people which import chinese chargers, there are bunch of counterfeit ones appeared then blowup a lot of nimh.
That's why someguy said must go to LIPO on the cars as soon as be possible in the next year, but since of this case happened that makes me unsafety and uncouraged on the LIPOs.
If i have to buy, i must go to Orions battery and charger to make a set.
yes, some rubbish products in Chinese RC market.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The owner was just trying to modify the M8 to compete with the dx3r in the weight department. A lipo fire was his weapon of choice
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by autostyle View Post
yes, some rubbish products in Chinese RC market.
Not only the manufacturers, the problem has also from the sellers. Hong Kong HS make me always untrustful, upset and frustrated.
Sometimes make to be so confused, how could in that place be any longer having anymore RC hobbyist with this unqualified and cheatful market?
As i remember in 10 years ago HK wasn't like this.

Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
The owner was just trying to modify the M8 to compete with the dx3r in the weight department. A lipo fire was his weapon of choice
I think the problems were 2: He has overcharged it has most people say, or, the battery is already an unqualified product as my friend guessed, then should have faulty on the building of the pack so provoked a short.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Not only the manufacturers, the problem has also from the sellers. Hong Kong HS make me always untrustful, upset and frustrated.
Sometimes make to be so confused, how could in that place be any longer having anymore RC hobbyist with this unqualified and cheatful market?
As i remember in 10 years ago HK wasn't like this.

I think the problems were 2: He has overcharged it has most people say, or, the battery is already an unqualified product as my friend guessed, then should have faulty on the building of the pack so provoked a short.
HK RC shops have to earn $$$ too, when some products can make more profits.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was just kidding around when I said that. Without the bottom of the radio it probably weighs close to the super light dx3r is what I was joking about.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What battery was in that M8???
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default m8 batts

Originally Posted by d4man View Post
What battery was in that M8???
a cheap lipo batts i think.....