Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Venom pro charger discussion >

Venom pro charger discussion

Venom pro charger discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Venom pro charger discussion

Anyone have one and how is it? Seems to me that it may come from the same factory as the Imax charger from China.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am also curious as to who has one. I was currently looking at those, and the price seems very reasonable. I almost ordered one until I saw it was limited to 5 amps, and I currently charge at 2C..The other limitation I really want to know, is what is the current cut-off? Meaning, how low will it go to try and keep pushing energy in, until it completely stops. That seems to be the biggest differences between the chargers I have used.

I have a CP1030, and other than the view screen blue back light being too bright, its a fantastic charger.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

i have one but unfortunately i cant help much with questions since i'm a noob with all the charging stuff. i pretty much just hit start to charge and look at the status screen when its done. i've only logged one charge since i don't feel like wasting energy having a laptop running while charging. the only things that come to mind when i think about the charger compared to others is that it comes with all kinds of cables (adapters,balancer,temp probe, usb, etc) and the fan is pretty loud. it really does feel like it's the same charger as all the other ones of the same size (losi, core-rc, imax etc) only they added the fan and changed the case.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When it switches to constant voltage, what is the lowest current it will trickle down to before it cuts off and says fully charged?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Venom Pro charger looks to be a rebadged version of the various Chinese Bantam knockoffs. If it is then it's way to expensive. These knockoffs typically go for anywhere between $40 - $60. At $110 you can get a quality Bantam or Hyperion charger with the built in balancer.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Using the Venom Pro Charger

Hi All,
I tried searching (maybe not so well) before writing this but please be understanding as I am a newbie to the world of RC Cars. I recently inherited a Tamiya TA04 chasis and have been buying bits and pieces to get it going. Two important bits were the battery pack and charger. I paid for a Venom Pro Charger. Only problem (and here I am stupid) is that I don't know how to use this charger. Could some one please give me a real quick rundown of how I should get a 3600mah NiMh battery pack charged on the Venom Pro Charger?

Thanking you in advance.

Thomas
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have the Venom charger and it works great. I have used it with NiCad, NiHM and A123 packs.

Easy to use and the PC software is cool too.