Nomadio Sensor/React Opinions? >

Nomadio Sensor/React Opinions?

Nomadio Sensor/React Opinions?

Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Nomadio Sensor/React Opinions?

Hey, guys.

Has anyone used a Nomadio Sensor? How does it compare to the React? What are the main differences? I've read their site and the descriptions are basically the same aside from the telemetry system.

Thanks, guys.

-Jeff
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

I have both a Sensor and a React and they are quite different animals.

They are similar in many ways and different in others. They all use the V2 transceiver and have an optional DSM mode for Spektrum compatibility.

Sensor: Has a well-placed, easy to read and back-lit drive screen. This is handy for monitoring telemetry (i.e. current engine temperature) It also features different egronomics (You get used to whatever you got) and easy to use button interface that dovetails nicely with the embedded software. To set the system into DSM mode you must toggle it at a computer. It uses 4 AA cells in a removable battery holder.

React: Based on the same chassis as the excellent Multiplex Profi Car product and features the same 2.4 Ghz bi-directional system as the Sensor. with a smaller drive screen (non-back lit) and smaller buttons that can be a bit more confusing than the idiot proof Sensor. The DSM support is seamlessly integrated into this product in a way that makes all Sensor owners green with jealousy... It is specified to the model that it is selected for and thus can be implemented without a computer. Also it requires a battery pack (easily made from 4 NiMH AA batteries soldered in a stick pack config) as no battery holder can fit (unless you want to use AAA's which have only 1000 mAh capacity)

I primarily use my Sensor as I like the placement of the drive screen during tuning of a nitro engine and thus I use it for all to keep everything on a single controller. In truth If I could add the drive screen from my Sensor to my React, I'd live with the somewhat more difficult button situation and use the React exclusively. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

I have and use both. Using a Sensor since they came out. Love the way it feels in my hands. IMO the best radio ergonomics of all of them, it just feels natural. Its shortfalls are a steering shaft that cracks and a throttle trigger that wears too easy. + the fact that you have to hook it to a computer to swap to DSM mode.

Got the React as a replacement since the Sensor has so much time on it. We are still in the getting used to each other phase. Like Matt I don't like the nonbacklit screen that has very small characters. The 800 Mah battery they send with it is a little small and runs down fast. I put stickers beside the wheel buttons and that is helping me get used to them faster, if I will stop swapping locations of things.

Both share the same telemitry, its just easier to read on the Sensor. Anything I have wanted to do with either one was fairly easy to program. Any function can be assigned to almost any button. My favorite features of either would be assigning the vibrate function to alert me for pit times and let me know if my receiver battery is getting low. Why the other brands of radio have not implemented voltage feedback from the vehicle is beyond me.

Ed M.