Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Pirahna digital peak charger >

Pirahna digital peak charger

Pirahna digital peak charger

Old 04-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pirahna digital peak charger

Hi to all
Here is a question for I think I have a problem with my batteries. This is what's going on: I have the above stated charger that is all I can afford at the moment, I do not have a discharger just yet. When I charge my 6cell GP3300 battery packs it charges for about 15-20 min beeps and say charge complete but when I look at the charge imput capacity it does not say 3300 Mah like it I have the charger set to. The battery is not charging to it's fullest capacity ? Can somone help please these are second hand packs.

Battery just got done charging this is what what the digital screen is telling me:
0629 charge imput capacity
8.540 V

And it says charge complete. These are GP3300 6Cell Pack
Old 04-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How dead were the batteries when you put them on charge? Unless you completely discharge the battery it's normal for it to not take a full charge. For example, if you have a 3000mah battery and only use half of it's capacity when you charge it the battery should (in theory)only take 1500mah.

When you input 3300mah into your charger that number is meant for the charger to know what the maximum it should charge into your pack. Next time try running your battery down until the car gets very very slow then try charging it (after a brief cool down period) and see what capacity it takes. Even then it may not take a full 3300 charge because it still has some charge in it.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info I need to get a discharger first lol , one more question is Smart Tray neccecery to have ??