LRP Sphere TC spec won't run LiPO >

LRP Sphere TC spec won't run LiPO

LRP Sphere TC spec won't run LiPO

Old 03-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere TC spec won't run LiPO

Hey people,

Anyone had any probs with Sphere's not running in LiPO mode? Have a TC spec in my XXX4 and hook it up to either 7.5, 6.5, or 5.5 BL powerplants. Been running IB4200 NiMH no problems. Just bought Trakpower 4900 LiPO and a Trakpower V-balancer charging great on my ICE in Link mode. V-balancer also works fine on it's own. LiPO fuel gauge shows FULL. Set LRP Mode 1 (Autocell system) to Value 1 - LiPO/NiMH automatic. Speedy won't light up or start on LiPO, but switch it off and hook up NiMH without changing modes and we're all good to go.

Any ideas?

I've got a Sphere comp 07 aswell laying around but haven't tried that yet. If I'm gonna take the TC spec out it's going back for warranty then I'll try the 07. As far as I'm concerned the TC should run LiPO.

Cheers,
Clint.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Update and Bump.

LRP's site says the input voltage range for the TC spec is 4.8-7.2 and the Comp 07 4.8-8.4. Ok so the trakpower is a 2S @ 4.2 volt per cell = 8.4v right? Well I've just taken my new Comp 07 out of the box and have the same issue. What's with these supposed top end speedies not running LiPO?

Last edited by Clippy; 03-12-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I run a TrakPower gold pack, with a LRP TC sphere on a 10.5, and 13.5 and it works fine, It has never has problems

Sorry, I dont know how to fix it, but I do run the same combo and it works fine..
Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the feedback mate. Just tried it in my AX-10 with 2 run old Novak rooster esc and exactly the same thing as my 2 LRP's. I'm seriously starting to think it's a dodgy pack. Is there such a thing as faulty LiPO's from new?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clippy
Thanks for the feedback mate. Just tried it in my AX-10 with 2 run old Novak rooster esc and exactly the same thing as my 2 LRP's. I'm seriously starting to think it's a dodgy pack. Is there such a thing as faulty LiPO's from new?
Test it with a volt meter and see

I havent heard of a TrakPower dud from the fractory, but its a assy line, so you never know I guess

But if its doing it on other speedos, and they work fine with other batts, its the batt id say... Call TrakPower, the people are super super nice, and will take car of you ASAP
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It might even be the TP balancer at fault more so given that it says all cell are ok and that the TP4900 is fully charged.

You could try to charge the pack without the balancer and see if that fixes the problem or find someone that has another balancer that you can try or return it to where you got it from and see if they can test it.

Trakpower also have a great reputation here in Oz.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

what is your battery cutoff at on the lrp???
Old 03-15-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

I think it was around 6.2/6.3

Funnily enough I may have fixed the problem. Just got to check it again in a couple weeks. Finally got it working for about 5 secs on the back lawn then had to switch it off. Had to leave for work and now I'm thousands of km's from my toys

Will post back here when I confirm so you can all have a laugh......or be really nice and help me figure out why?