Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMPETION trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default LRP SPHERE COMPETION trouble

any body having trouble with lrp sphere comp. just got mine and did the radio set up and the the speed controler went in and set the reg. brake and the drag brake to 0 blinks . and the buggy still has brake in it. using and older m8 radio and orion 13.5 motor. you can excelerate down front straight and it will coast about 10 feet then the brakes lock up, and when you slow down to go into a corner its like you have full drag brake on, and its like that even when your driving slow. never had this trouble with my GTB any info would be great
Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I assume that you are talking about a Sphere Comp 2007 ESC. What are your four settings (i.e. battery type/punch control/brake/drag brake)?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I assume that you are talking about a Sphere Comp 2007 ESC. What are your four settings (i.e. battery type/punch control/brake/drag brake)?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

esc settings are,mode1 is set to the race which is 2 blinks, mode2 is set at 3 blinks, mode3 is 0 blinks, mode4 is 0 blinks. radio is a old M8 settings on it are throttle epa high100% brake epa 100%, the speed control trim is centerd.thats what the instrution say but what about the expo adj. should it stay at 0 or 100% I didnt think that should matter because it's just to change the feel of throttle, how fast it comes in could be wrong.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

x

Last edited by sberry67; 02-08-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: double post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

esc settings are,mode1 is set to the race which is 2 blinks, mode2 is set at 3 blinks, mode3 is 0 blinks, mode4 is 0 blinks. radio is a old M8 settings on it are throttle epa high100% brake epa 100%, the speed control trim is centerd.thats what the instrution say but what about the expo adj. should it stay at 0 or 100% I didnt think that should matter because it's just to change the feel of throttle, how fast it comes in could be wrong.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I have the exact same problem

I just got back from a frustrating evening of club racing, I run an RB5 with the exact same setup, My buggy is hooking as I let off in the corners, drag brake is turned off as well, I'm gonna try a 10.5 or higher motor to see if it helps. Guys at the track were saying the 13.5 Orion motor acts more like a brushed motor thus the auto braking but I don't buy it. Oddly when I adjust the throttle trim to run on when I let off the throttle it's worse. I bought the LRP controller to solve my cogging problems (MAMBA MAX) yet I seem to have trading one problem for another.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sberry67
any body having trouble with lrp sphere comp. just got mine and did the radio set up and the the speed controler went in and set the reg. brake and the drag brake to 0 blinks . and the buggy still has brake in it. using and older m8 radio and orion 13.5 motor. you can excelerate down front straight and it will coast about 10 feet then the brakes lock up, and when you slow down to go into a corner its like you have full drag brake on, and its like that even when your driving slow. never had this trouble with my GTB any info would be great
Max out your throttle and brake EPA's on the radio (if similar to the M-11; throttle-140; brake-160) repeat the ESC set-up procedure. After restting the ESC reduce your brake EPA aprox. 80% (about 125) try that. On my M-11 with the Sphere Comp '07 and Novak 10.5pro I'm between 90-115 on brake EPA.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

hey everybody thanks for the input, i think i have it. on my gtb speed control you left your throttle & brake Expo at 0 but on the sphere comp they want you to max them out to 100% then went back through setup and that took care of it now with the orion motor no more hooking in the corners so hopefully that will take care of your problem too EugeneJohn thanks again for the help
Old 02-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

This is a problem with the ESC its self. A few guys at my local track, myself included had this problem. Even with the drag brake turned all the way off, it would still bring the wheels to a stop very quickly. I had to send mine out to LRP for repairs. It seems to be a bad batch. The Spheres I bought before that and after that have both been working flawlessly.

Contact LRP about your problem, they are aware of it.

I need to call them myself. They have had my Sphere for over a month now.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Double post...Damn this server is slow.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation looks like I have a bad one

I tried the epa sugestions for my M11 but still no love. Reset, reprogramed, still drag brake, in fact with everything nuetral , switch off , rear wheels free spin , turn on the esc switch and I get brake, speedo works great otherwise but I didn't kick down for their top of the line esc to have to hold throttle through the corners. I'm rounding up my papers and contacting LRP today. Crappy part is this was bad out of the box (since Dec.) Raced twice, and just now figured it out. Makes a great buggy (RB5) drive like $%#^@&*%. Thanks for the imput everyone
Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

is this a known issue with the tc-spec version as well?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EugeneJohn
I tried the epa sugestions for my M11 but still no love. Reset, reprogramed, still drag brake, in fact with everything nuetral , switch off , rear wheels free spin , turn on the esc switch and I get brake, speedo works great otherwise but I didn't kick down for their top of the line esc to have to hold throttle through the corners. I'm rounding up my papers and contacting LRP today. Crappy part is this was bad out of the box (since Dec.) Raced twice, and just now figured it out. Makes a great buggy (RB5) drive like $%#^@&*%. Thanks for the imput everyone
hey whats up , i thought i had the problem fixed but after this last weekend of racing its not as bad but when you slow down in a turn brakes still lock up. if lrp knows there having this problem then why dont they post it . i looked at the lrp site to see if they had any complaints on this an didnt find anything even sent them a e-mail they told me to make sure i was following my setup sheet. i think that it is pretty bad that you have had bad speed controls out for about two months and somebody e-mail with a complaint and you know that your having problems and dont tell them thanks allot lrp ill be sure to buy something else off of ya ( back to my trusty old novak stuff)
Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

This has happened to my friend tonight and i believe my new sphere may as well be doing this. i am still tinkering but i see this as a big issue. They better speed up there service too i waited 2 months for a charger repair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.