Ko EX-1 UR

Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yea but how much did you spend on shipping?

Anyways, for $320 you can get the UR in 2.4Ghz (when it is released).
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...0.1053.0.0.0.0
Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
First thank you for the info but I would ask if you could please post the numbers? what is the frame rate of the UR vs the Mars R? I know that the Pro Spekrtum adds 3ms to the Latency of the radio it is added to. If the UR is only 1-2ms different then the Mars R then I really dont see the point in spending the money as I would be lucky to get $75-$100 for my Mars R and then the UR is around $299 from what I can see and then there is the cost of the DSM weather Spektrum or KO. So I would be looking at spending atleast $200 more going up to the UR vs only spending what is needed for the DSM unit.

As for the KO 2.4hz unit, is there any info as to what the capabilities of this unit are? I know that with the Spectrum unit there are many options for later, IE telemitry. If these are option available with the KO then there is no other option for me as I would far rather use the systems created for the Transmeter I am using, but I have no problem using the Spektrum system as this is a technology they have been making better since the day they started making it, KO is an awsome company with products that are second to none but for the DSM systems out there I don't think theree will be a big loss if one goes with the Spektrum system if they do.

Thank you
Sean
Sean-
Pulse of the EX-1 Mars R is 10.5~11.0ms. EX-1 UR is just below 8.0ms.

KO will not make telemetry for this particular system until we see a greater demand or need for this type of system. Plus, this requires an additional FCC id.

whynot-
If you live in North America, good luck getting your radio serviced. KO PROPO America will only service items that have been purchased here in North America. I believe that this is true for all other distributors around the world, we will only service items purchased in our distribution areas. So if anything happens, you will be going back to Hong Kong or direct to Japan for service.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Can someone tell me again about the advantage of the decrease angle wheel setup? I think I understand what it does but not sure how I would put it to use if I had it.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sim600 View Post
Can someone tell me again about the advantage of the decrease angle wheel setup? I think I understand what it does but not sure how I would put it to use if I had it.
You have less distance of travel with the wheel. you dont have to turn the wheel so far to the right or left to get teh car around the track. so there is less movement involved with the wheel hand.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Means we adjust the steering EPA beyond the normal limit of the car (where it starts to bind) and then limit it back down with the screws?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sim600 View Post
Means we adjust the steering EPA beyond the normal limit of the car (where it starts to bind) and then limit it back down with the screws?
sim600-
With the decrease angle spacer you can adjust how much mechanical throw you want in the steering wheel. Once you set that, you will have to go to the "Adjust VR" function and reset the pots for the steering and throttle. This lets the Tx know that you have changed the mechanical throw and need to reset everything. Once that is calibrated, the EPA should be about the same as before you set the decrease angle spacer.

You don't set EPA with the decrease angle spacer, that would be going in the wrong direction of technology.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Sean-
Pulse of the EX-1 Mars R is 10.5~11.0ms. EX-1 UR is just below 8.0ms.

KO will not make telemetry for this particular system until we see a greater demand or need for this type of system. Plus, this requires an additional FCC id.

whynot-
If you live in North America, good luck getting your radio serviced. KO PROPO America will only service items that have been purchased here in North America. I believe that this is true for all other distributors around the world, we will only service items purchased in our distribution areas. So if anything happens, you will be going back to Hong Kong or direct to Japan for service.

Since your discussing latency what was total latency of the Helios EX-10. Inquiring minds want to know.
based on your post I think around 8.5 - 9.5 ms

Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Well, after doing even more research on the Nomadio React, which is what I've wanted to try for some time now, might be going back to what I consider the most comfortable radio ever, Mars. Or in this case, the EX-1 UR.

I didnt have any problems with the Mars R I owned before and only sold it to try the 3pks with the FASST , which is also a superb piece of electronics. But it felt like the leaning tower of Pisa.

The React seems to be lacking in support and quality control at the moment, so it's back to KO.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys,
I have been out of the hobby for a long time and was looking at my old stuff. I have a Ex-1 precious and was wondering if a spektrum pro unit would work. Which one? The one for the Helios? Is is just to old?
Thanks in advanced.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ok so this new radio is not on Spectrum 2.4 ghz right.
Is it just around the corner?? Will it be able to work on Ko older radios??
I have had a gut full of 2.4 ghz crap from spectrum.
Thanks any info would be great..
Old 06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys, Does anybody know if the EX-1 UR includes a channel mixing feature? I have seen anywhere that says it does but I'd like to have it in my next radio.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can anyone help me here? I'm really considering switching to this radio but channel mixing is a highly desired feature for me.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
Can anyone help me here? I'm really considering switching to this radio but channel mixing is a highly desired feature for me.
Sorry no channel mixing for the 3rd or 4th channel.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

When will the EX1-UR be available?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

The EX-1 UR has been available since Feb as Tx only and 27MHz here in the US. The 2.4GHz set will not be available until next month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service