Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Brushless 10.5 motor >

Brushless 10.5 motor

Brushless 10.5 motor

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Brushless 10.5 motor

is it roar (or any big race) legal to run a brushless 10.5 motor in a 19t class. They are said to close in performance.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
is it roar (or any big race) legal to run a brushless 10.5 motor in a 19t class. They are said to close in performance.
Thanks
I would doubt it. Although the motors are said to be equivalent in performance, brushless seems (i m o) to have a decent advantage.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think brushless is approved for a national event but there are a couple of big races that are allowing just because most people have converted to it.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Right, some local tracks might allow it, but it's not legal at the moment for use in any 19 turn class at any sanctioned events. However, it may only be a matter of time, & the Novak US Tournign Car Championships in Janurary is already embracing them, as well as all brushless motors, as it will be the first big event to go ALL brushless(they'll use the 17.5 for Minis & a Sportsman class, 13.5's in place of ROAR stocks, 10.5's in place of 19 turns, & of course a mod class to run whatever you feel like). I suspect that other big events & organizations will follow suit soon enough.....
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It is not currently allowed to use brushless motors in any ROAR sanctioned spec class. The only class where BL is allowed is in modified. This is for ROAR events. However, independant events or for club racing they may allow you to use brushless in the 19T or stock class. It is up to the race director and you must ask them.

I would soon expect ROAR to provide events where there are seperate spec brushless classes. I would also expect ROAR to allow lipo batteries (in 6 cell classes) in the near future.

-frank