Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
M11 Spektrum Pro vs. 3PKS FASST >

M11 Spektrum Pro vs. 3PKS FASST

M11 Spektrum Pro vs. 3PKS FASST

Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default M11 Spektrum Pro vs. 3PKS FASST

Anyone use both? What were your experiences with them (menu layout, feel, ease of use etc)? I currently run the M11 with Spektrum Pro but was looking at the 3PKS with the FASST system maybe for a change?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default 3pks

i just sold my m11 with pro system and switched to the 3pks with fasst
i didnt like the feel of the m11 it always seem unbalanced in my hand and with the li-po batery it made it worse, m11 menu is easy to scroll thru and the 3pks i still use my book i'v only had my 3pks for 3 weeks but i like it far better. the fasst system reacts far faster then the spektrum pro i found my self turning in to soon and hitting the pipe
thats my opion
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well I own both the 3PKs with a FASST module and the M11 with the Spektrum DSM Pro. They are both fantastic radios and to choose one over the other is a tough choice. The screen on the M11 is much bigger, but the Futaba screen is easy to read so no big deal. The M11 in my opinion has a better feeling trigger (fits better around my finger) than the 3PK but the Futaba is lighter and feels more balanced, the M11 is very top heavy. Menus are about the same to me, lots of features, I find the Futaba is a little eaiser to navigate. Airtronics customer service is fantastic, I have not had to service my Futaba yet so I can't comment on there service. FASST technology is supposed to be better than DSM but I have not had any response or glitching issues with either systen. I am sort of leaning towards the 3PKs right now, I have only had it for a few weeks so I need to spend more time with it before I make a final decision.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

When looking fora top shelf radio system the most important thing for a racer is feel.Your best bet would to be got to LHS and put the radios in your hand and get a feel for them.It can be the best radio on earth but if it is uncormfotable for you to hold and use it really does you no good.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

shark, what's with the cable or string from base of M11 to Tx case?