Wiki Posts
Search

MX-3 FHSS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MX-3 FHSS

Just picked one up last week. Here is what I can say about it so far.

The overall appearance looks great. If you like the MX-3 then you will like this radio. Same thing but with a few changes. If you've never owned an MX-3 its very clean and basic, (just the way I like my radios). Not complicated at all. Its very light weight and feels really good in your hands. I like the fact that there is no antenna on the actual radio to mess with. Its one of the coolest features on the radio. The other really nice touch is the steering wheel, it comes in this really nice chrome with the airtronics logo in the middle of it, looks very nice. The receiver is TINY! I mean TINY! This thing is small. I had an HPI micro and it had an airtronics super micro receiver (the blue one) on it but the receiver that comes with the MX-3 FHSS is smaller than that. Fits great in my MTX-3 and I have room to spare. The radios screen is awesome, very clear and I really like the menu - Its very easy to toggle through and change any settings on the radio.

The Steering Trim, Steering Direction and Throttle trim can be adjusted on the fly by using the switches in the front of the radio which make it very convenient not having to toggle through the menu to get to these settings.

Overall its a good entry level FHSS radio and it's priced very fair.
Attached Thumbnails MX-3 FHSS-box.jpg   MX-3 FHSS-radio1.jpg   MX-3 FHSS-radio-screen.jpg   MX-3 FHSS-radio-wheel.jpg   MX-3 FHSS-receiver-close.jpg  

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Looking good. Concratulations

I`m also looking for the new radio...
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks bud! I cant wait to get to the track and try the radio out! I highly recommend this radio to anyone that wants an entry level FHSS radio.

I owned an M8 for over 4 years and that thing took some serious abuse throughout the years and never failed on me. Thats what made me a big airtroniccs fan. I recently sold my MX-3 (FM radio) that I had for over a year and it never once gave me a hard time. Im looking forward to getting some good use out this new FHSS but most of all Im happy I never have to mess with crystals again!