Nomadio or Spektrum
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by george_georgoul View Post
What is the best radio to get?

Nomadio or Spektrum
Its personal opinion on this. The Spektrum stuff is more widely avaialable at local shops and has smaller receivers at this time. For me I found that the Nomadio was way more programable with better signal reception.

The other thing that is a plus is the the Nomadio can run Spektrum receivers or their own receivers. The React can run both with no programing on the computer where the Sensor don't have as much memory and needs to be switched on the computer back and forth to use both but it still does it.

The drawback I see for many is having to use the computer to load and update the Nomadio radios. Not a huge issue but it will be for some so depending on the access you have to a computer might affect your decision.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

dont forget all of the telemetry features on the nomadio. temp sensor is sooooooooooo nice on nitro, no more pit guy screaming up the number to you and stuff, you can just bring it in with him knowing what to adjust in advance.
other things as well. but yeah they need to push out a smaller transceiver.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had spektrum and it is good. Thats me though.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have spectrum radio's etc... and thats the only radio i will use.
SPECTRUM RULES!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Every radio has their Pro's and Con's... You can get the Spektrum modules and put them in your favorite radio, but you're then dealing with making an analog signal digital, and you can only run Spektrum receivers. If you want to run telemetry with the Spektrum you have to buy a whole separate unit and figure out where to mount it, moving it from vehicle to vehicle is a pain.

Nomadio is all digital, if you get the React you can run pretty much any other 2.4ghz receiver. For the Nitro and Gasoline guys the telemetry is a definite advantage. Each Transceiver has telemetry capabilities, nothing but a temp sensor needed. Every button, switch and dial is programmable to control anything you like.

For me running 5th scale the Sensor is the only radio I'll use... I have 4 channels (no other radio has 4) and I'm using all of them. I have 1 channel for steering, 1 for rear brake/throttle, 1 for front brakes and my 4th channel runs my engine kill switch/failsafe. I have toggle switches programmed to let me change my front brake end point, rear brake end point and brake mix on the fly... A button for my kill switch, one for 2 different dual rate settings, a button to turn abs on and off, a button to turn steering activated brake mix on and off... I could never do all of this on my 3PK...