Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
airtronics servo gone crazy >

airtronics servo gone crazy

airtronics servo gone crazy

Old 10-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default airtronics servo gone crazy

i have a airtonics servo that i have had for over a year and today i turned on my car and then thing when full lock to one side and started to grind gears. so i turned it off and took it a part turned it one again and the motor in the servo just goes full bore. when i turn the wheel on the radio i get no responce form it but everything else works fine. anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

yep it sounds jiggered. try the servo in the ESC slot on the receiver. if it does the same throw it away and buy another.
cheers
Old 10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dunno, but send it in to Airtronics to get fixed. They dont mind if you dont have warranty, also should be cheaper than buying a new one.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well after some time and me majoring in electronic engineering i figured out eh problem. the through of the servo got jacked and broke off one of the lil stoppers i saw that when i took it apart and didnt think much of it. and i broke it down farther. when i did that some of the foam padding they put int eh bottom of the servo was melted so i thought something was shorted. after a half hour of careful xaco knife work that still wasent the problem. so i took all the electronic guts out of the case and found a POT. after playing with it for a bit i was able to get is zeroed again. this POT is used for the servo checking its center. so when it totally go tossed one way to POT was so far off it was making the motor keep turning. after centering it i put it back together and drive the car around a bit and everything was all good.