Wiki Posts
Search

DSM w/ M11 has GLITCHING Throttle !! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default DSM w/ M11 has GLITCHING Throttle !! Please Help

Hey guys. I am running a MBX5R with Airtronics Digital servos on the Throttle and Steering. I have the M11 and the Spectrum DSM Pro module and reciever.

My Problem is glitching in the throttle servo. The gears in it are fine. I have a charged pack w/ a voltage indicator that says it is also fully charged.

I will be driving and my throttle will just kick in every now and then when I am not on it. Sometimes it goes full speed then goes back to normal. Is this a problem in the reciever/servo/ or what ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Patrick
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it could be either or even both. also check all the lead wires from all servos and battery packs and transponder if you have one. make sure they are skined anywhere that could be causing you issues. also if you have another reciever switch it out. its possible some fuel at one time got into the reciever causing troubles. also the servo could just be going bad. if you have any spares switch them or see if someone you race with has an extra you could try for a bit to try to figure out what is causing your issues. sorry couldnt tell you exactly what it is, buts that how it is with electronic issues unfortunately. i was similar issues and when i bought a new reciever pack i had no more issues. i think my old just got to a point it wasnt holding a peak charge so as voltage dropped glitching type issues occured sometimes.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Azbobby,
If any of the wires are skinned ? Does that mean if my steering servo wire has a nick in it, it could cause my throttle to glitch? Is that what could be happening ?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

take your receiver out and separate the case. Sometimes dirt can get in there or the top board could be coming in contact with the bottom board, I had both these cause me glitching problems.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

-switch the servos and see if the trouble follows you to your steering servo. if trouble is still at the throttle servo, it could possibly be the radio/ receiver. check connections at receiver and make sure there are solid. loose pins at the receiver could cause trouble. could you try these servos with a different radio. i have a M11 w/ Spektrum and had an incident with my 960 where i swear i had a glitch and it put me into the boards also try another battery, i swear thats what my problem was. electrical gremlins suck.....
Old 06-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Angry

I'll put my money on the RX.
Put in an old spectrum RX and it will clear up. I have not got a new one to work yet.
It is easy to unplug and just plug te new one in and let it hang. It will tell you where your problem is.
I have found plenty that do this here at the shop.
TEX
Old 06-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick21x
Azbobby,
If any of the wires are skinned ? Does that mean if my steering servo wire has a nick in it, it could cause my throttle to glitch? Is that what could be happening ?
it is quite possible that it could, if the posi wire is the one that is nicked and it is tight to the wire for your throttle, you could get voltage bleed through and cause issues with throttle. but like some others have said, reciever packs are usually to blame. i tried getting by with some 15 dollar hump packs from various companies and they dont last long and lose voltage pretty quick. as voltage drops it will cause you problems.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i have a friend that has a similar issue. started late last season. he would then go and blow out the radio and all would be fine for awhile. didnt matter what car he was using. just happend again last night, went to turn, and bam! full throttle even with the brake on.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ill put money on the rx. i had a 3100 spektrum rx and a tiny rock got in the reciever and would do that just on the throtlle side. when i seperated and cleaned the case and the rack came out never has another issue. i would let off the throttle and the car would stay going and then finally let off and it was a tiny rock.

good luck
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had this happen this past weekend with my M8 and Spektrum module. I tried a different receiver, servo, and module. The module was the only thing that appeared to work. I decided not to buy the module as the onsite vendor wanted significantly more than you can get it for now. Decided to ditch the M8 and get a 3PKS with Spektrum Pro.