DumboRC DDF-350 Review

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coopz

DumboRC DDF-350 Review

Old 05-28-2024, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default DumboRC DDF-350 Review

I couldn't find any topics on this new budget 10 channel radio from the weirdest named RC company in history 'Dumbo'.

Anyway my old KO Helios and Hitech Aggressor Pro were both getting long in the tooth so I thought about getting a budget radio as I don't race anymore and just have a few nitro buggies to bash and a crawler.
I was going to get the Flysky FS-G7P as I've used them a few times and had no complaints other than the cheap plastic feel and slightly smaller hand grip than I prefer. Then I saw the Dumbo DDF-350 on Ali-x for the same price, more bling and slightly better reviews than the FS.

$100AU later I had it delivered and for the most part its excellent value. Easy to use, easy to setup, feels more expensive than it is (metal wheel version) fast response time, the colour screen is perfectly usable outside, extra receivers cost $18 and it just looks like something than should cost $300.

In short...
Pros
  • Cheap, $100AU, cheap receivers
  • 10 Channels!
  • Doesn't feel cheap
  • Screen works well outside and is ultra easy to setup
  • Light weight
  • Mid range radio features, programmable channels, sub trims, expos, DR, timer etc.
  • RC tank and extra crawler features
  • Good range (200+m) but no antenna sticking up
  • Response times seem fast
  • The led lights and bling look very cool at night
Cons
  • Hardly any documentation included
  • Steering and throttle trims have to be done via the menu, no dial adjusters
  • Trigger could do with a stronger spring (my opinion) trigger and wheel tensions are not adjustable.
  • Battery reader is a little inaccurate, goes 75%-70%-60% and back every 10 seconds.
  • Only a 10 model memory (a firmware upgrade is coming out soon 'apparently' to increase it)
  • It's called a 'Dumbo' :P
In short if you want a reliable radio that is very cheap but does 95% of the stuff you need it's a great buy.
angrymelon likes this.

Last edited by Coopz; 05-28-2024 at 10:51 PM.