Like Tree242Likes

Radiomaster MT12

Old 05-16-2024, 05:53 PM
  #436  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 77
Default

No, I use paid 3D CAD.
Chof is offline  
Old 05-21-2024, 06:25 PM
  #437  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Brisbane QLD
Posts: 59
Default

Are there any noises on whether this radio has an incoming update bringing it more in line with the TX16 air radio, i.e big screen, more dials and upgrade parts?
Zoomies is offline  
Old 05-28-2024, 09:39 PM
  #438  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Coopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,697
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I just ordered one, didn't really need a new radio but I do have a Radiomaster TX16S for my RC helis and its without doubt the finest radio I've ever had (and I've had a lot..). Once I got my head around the rather complex setup process it was a breeze and people at my RC club who originally knocked it as 'Chinese s--t' started trying it, realising how advanced it was compared to the mainstream radios, also started buying them, I'm going to assume the pistol radio is the same.
Coopz is offline  
Old 06-03-2024, 11:41 PM
  #439  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Coopz
I just ordered one, didn't really need a new radio but I do have a Radiomaster TX16S for my RC helis and its without doubt the finest radio I've ever had (and I've had a lot..). Once I got my head around the rather complex setup process it was a breeze and people at my RC club who originally knocked it as 'Chinese s--t' started trying it, realising how advanced it was compared to the mainstream radios, also started buying them, I'm going to assume the pistol radio is the same.
I'm quite happy with mine. As I've mentioned in this thread, I'm really into open source solutions - we will be able to fix any issues with the hardware even if the manufacturer goes out of business or sunsets the model. No more dealing with artificial market segmentation and missing features on a low-mid range radio.

I just flashed the firmware up to the latest ELRS. Haven't updated the EdgeTX yet but I'll look into that next.
RCscale is offline  
Old 06-05-2024, 07:13 PM
  #440  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
RetroThutmose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Very happy with this radio so far. I just installed a Rx in my "serious" car. I am running it tomorrow and hope to get it dialed in by mains. I was doing initial binding and setting steering endpoints and was thinking about the open source nature of this radio. Would it be possible to connect the radio to a PC and run a program that can make adjusting the controller easier? I'd like to use some of the knobs for adjusting power limits but I find the process daunting and not sure if the knob is the most accurate way to adjust. Anyways, I thought it would be cool if I could program the radio using a gui-based program, don't know if that's a thing.
RetroThutmose is offline  
Old 06-05-2024, 08:31 PM
  #441  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by RetroThutmose
Very happy with this radio so far. I just installed a Rx in my "serious" car. I am running it tomorrow and hope to get it dialed in by mains. I was doing initial binding and setting steering endpoints and was thinking about the open source nature of this radio. Would it be possible to connect the radio to a PC and run a program that can make adjusting the controller easier? I'd like to use some of the knobs for adjusting power limits but I find the process daunting and not sure if the knob is the most accurate way to adjust. Anyways, I thought it would be cool if I could program the radio using a gui-based program, don't know if that's a thing.
There's something called EdgeTX Companion that may do what you want.
RCscale is offline  
Old 06-08-2024, 07:35 PM
  #442  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (168)
 
ta_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,205
Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)
Default

I've looked around a little on the 3D printing sites but didn't find what I want so asking here:

Does anyone know of an extension that will move the steering wheel housing about 1/3 to 1/2" away from the radio body so a person who uses the right hand for the throttle has more room for the knuckle of their trigger finger (which, for me, hits the steering wheel housing as manufactured).

If you are curious why anyone would want such a thing it is because due to an accident in my youth my left index finger is too short to operate the throttle trigger if I hold the radio in the conventional way.
ta_man is offline  
Old 06-12-2024, 07:45 PM
  #443  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
RockinTheCasbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore , Ca
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Anyone know when the mt12 will be compatible with companion ?

Also it's anyone selling different sized brake trigger halfs ? Or have a stl link

Edit : brake triggers are on thingaverse 10 minute print , you might have to shave a little bit to get it fit correctly unless your printer is really dialed in.

Last edited by RockinTheCasbah; 06-19-2024 at 02:08 AM.
RockinTheCasbah is offline  
Old 06-17-2024, 08:03 PM
  #444  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
RockinTheCasbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore , Ca
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Going to test using the mt12 internal elrs in 1/8
Off-road, I think it's faster then the nb4 pro so why not run them back to back. Tele is off to reduce latency , internal power is 250mw with dynamic off. Is that my best bet for fastest transmission and lowest packet loss ?
RockinTheCasbah is offline  
Old 06-19-2024, 02:07 AM
  #445  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
RockinTheCasbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore , Ca
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Update post above , dynamic on or off it defaults to full power with tele off.


​​​​​​Second update from my very issue
anyone experiencing the programmable sevo or esc problems on channel one due to the reciever sending a pwm burst at the beginning of boot and making the esc or servo look for a programming signal .

Remap your receiver outputs so the affected servo or esc is on a different pin out 1 to 2 1 to 3 etc.

I was struggling to get it to work right with a hobbywing 2n1 system it would not let you calibrate unless you unplugged the servo and plugged it back in , then wouldn't work on restart .

Tried again in my ebuggy with a XR8g2r , same symptoms, was about to put my nb4 pro receiver back in , watched some videos , and realized the pwm burst issue is only one channel , remapped the receiver via web app and works without any issues.

Frustrating at first, but the ability to easily remap output pins on the receiver shows flexibility that other systems would need a firmware update to fix , if that even worked
RockinTheCasbah is offline  
Old 06-19-2024, 02:12 AM
  #446  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,416
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RockinTheCasbah
Update post above , dynamic on or off it defaults to full power with tele off.


​​​​​​Second update from my very issue
anyone experiencing the programmable sevo or esc problems on channel one due to the reciever sending a pwm burst at the beginning of boot and making the esc or servo look for a programming signal .

Remap your receiver outputs so the affected servo or esc is on a different pin out 1 to 2 1 to 3 etc.

I was struggling to get it to work right with a hobbywing 2n1 system it would not let you calibrate unless you unplugged the servo and plugged it back in , then wouldn't work on restart .

Tried again in my ebuggy with a XR8g2r , same symptoms, was about to put my nb4 pro receiver back in , watched some videos , and realized the pwm burst issue is only one channel , remapped the receiver via web app and works without any issues.

Frustrating at first, but the ability to easily remap output pins on the receiver shows flexibility that other systems would need a firmware update to fix , if that even worked
That issue has been discussed earlier in the thread. It's a hardware bug of the receiver.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 06-19-2024, 02:48 AM
  #447  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
RockinTheCasbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore , Ca
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That issue has been discussed earlier in the thread. It's a hardware bug of the receiver.
I think we need a sticky for this thread
RockinTheCasbah is offline  
Old 06-19-2024, 05:05 AM
  #448  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,963
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Another key piece of info that should go into any sticky should be checking and updating the ELRS firmware to make sure you're not running the 3.3.x firmware since that version had issues with signal loss causing runaways.
gwhiz and RetroThutmose like this.
RC10Nick is online now  
Old 06-21-2024, 04:18 AM
  #449  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
RetroThutmose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well crap, i just came here to post about a runaway i had during practice at the track last night, now i know where to start checking. is that the firmware on the rx or tx?
gwhiz likes this.
RetroThutmose is offline  
Old 06-21-2024, 07:16 PM
  #450  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by RetroThutmose
well crap, i just came here to post about a runaway i had during practice at the track last night, now i know where to start checking. is that the firmware on the rx or tx?
Similar.

I had a runaway on my first outing. Only half throttle or so. No steering. It was only a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity.
A little while later I had about 5 seconds of nothing. No throttle, no steering.

It lowers your confidence in a piece of equipment.
gwhiz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.