Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New- Team Powers Radon Pro V5-BT - Actinium V5 Teaser >

New- Team Powers Radon Pro V5-BT - Actinium V5 Teaser

Like Tree15Likes

New- Team Powers Radon Pro V5-BT - Actinium V5 Teaser

Old 02-18-2023, 03:46 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
midse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New- Team Powers Radon Pro V5-BT - Actinium V5 Teaser




Team Powers V5BT ESC Features

Refinements based on the globally successful Radon Pro V4.1 200A ESC.
perfectly matched to the new Actinium V5 motors and SRS V3 servos.
  • Upgraded 32-bit MCU
  • Bluetooth tuning and data APP (Android/IOS)
  • Refined and smoother response with precise throttle and braking control.
  • Adjustment features expanded from Radon Pro V4.1
  • New PCB layout and new internal hardware design
  • Revised PCB and case design for maximum thermal efficiency and minimised resistance.
  • 10'C lower esc temps compared to same setting Radon V4.1
  • Cooling fan can be removed when running stock or lower grip/small/medium tracks in boosted mode.
  • Real Time Data Analysis
    • Temperature, RPM, Adv. Timing,
    • Min/Max Voltage, Max Temperature, RPM & Adv. Timing)
  • Broader PWM frequency adjustment-
    • 1k-2k-3k-4k-5k-6k-7k-8k-12k-16k-24k-32k
  • Built-in one touch On/Off switch and plug-in external On/Off switch.
  • Refined Software with increased functions and tunability.
  • ROAR Approved
Mode descriptions




http://www.liverc.com/news/new-team-powers-v5bt-esc/

Last edited by midse; 03-18-2023 at 03:53 PM.
midse is offline  
Old 02-19-2023, 05:14 AM
  #2  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 570
Default

Same OEM assembly line as ProPeroformance ESC's, just like the Radon Pro V4.1

I would not at all be shocked to discover that V4.2 is near, if not identical, to the internals of the XSC150P. Hence the version upgrade.

Overseas OEM's only make things exclusive for so long before they sell the idea to someone else.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 02-23-2023, 05:33 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
midse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
Same OEM assembly line as ProPeroformance ESC's, just like the Radon Pro V4.1

I would not at all be shocked to discover that V4.2 is near, if not identical, to the internals of the XSC150P. Hence the version upgrade.

Overseas OEM's only make things exclusive for so long before they sell the idea to someone else.
Hi thank you for your query, Yes same oem....but other way around.....
Pro-performance and Tirmity are actually based on older V3 V4 line. Both are their first esc and other products.
XSC150P 150A rating. Released Sept. 2020?
​​​​Trinity mx10 200a released nov-Dec 21
V3 180A 2017 -
V4 200A 2018 - 3/4 channel telemetry tuning
V4.1 200a March 2021 - slightly revised firmware and higher grade Fets.
1S versions and full range of stock Lightweight and sport versions. ( Latest esc is at least the 12th produced)
NEW V5 ESC is 200A 32 bit and Bluetooth App.
14 years of world class development in the complete range of esc, motors, servos etc.
V5 Actinuum Motor also released....
Team Powers results archive 2009-Present
Isaac and gigaplex like this.
midse is offline  
Old 02-23-2023, 05:55 AM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,417
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
Same OEM assembly line as ProPeroformance ESC's, just like the Radon Pro V4.1

I would not at all be shocked to discover that V4.2 is near, if not identical, to the internals of the XSC150P. Hence the version upgrade.

Overseas OEM's only make things exclusive for so long before they sell the idea to someone else.
What makes you think the XSC150P is comparable to this V5-BT? It doesn't do Bluetooth programming and came out a while ago.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 02-23-2023, 08:22 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,846
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by midse
Hi thank you for your query, Yes same oem....but other way around.....
Pro-performance and Tirmity are actually based on older V3 V4 line. Both are their first esc and other products.
XSC150P 150A rating. Released Sept. 2020?
​​​​Trinity mx10 200a released nov-Dec 21
V3 180A 2017 -
V4 200A 2018 - 3/4 channel telemetry tuning
V4.1 200a March 2021 - slightly revised firmware and higher grade Fets.
1S versions and full range of stock Lightweight and sport versions. ( Latest esc is at least the 12th produced)
NEW V5 ESC is 200A 32 bit and Bluetooth App.
14 years of world class development in the complete range of esc, motors, servos etc.
V5 Actinuum Motor also released....
Team Powers results archive 2009-Present
Reverse protection?
Silverbullet555 is offline  
Old 02-24-2023, 12:29 AM
  #6  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Middleton, Idaho
Posts: 27
Default

What is the release date for the V5?
JaGWolfgang is offline  
Old 02-24-2023, 03:41 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 570
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
What makes you think the XSC150P is comparable to this V5-BT? It doesn't do Bluetooth programming and came out a while ago.
As midse correctly stated, the V3 is the OG.

That OEM sold that design along, ProPerformance made some small PCB changes, used an improved driver/controller, and higher quality FET's. The 150a ProPerformance quotes is the nominal operational Amperage of that FET, not the maximum.

The V4.1 is essentially that same design, with similar, if not the same components of the ProPerformance unit. Probably because the OEM came to TeamPowers and said "Hey we can make them this way now", or "we are only making them this way now", and they slapped a .1 on the end.

The Trinity is basically a near exact copy of that design as well. In fact one thing that the Trinity and ProPerformance both share, is a strange "chirping" (stututututu, almost like a mini turbo wastegate) sound when under breaking. Which i have never heard a Team Powers ESC make. But i have heard it on Dakotah's cars, and on some Trinity cars as well. I dont know if it is an ABS setting, or something with timing, or what exactly? But i always found that odd.

The V5 is likely similar, and based on the same higher quality driver, and high quality FET's, but is obviously the newest design of the range, because it does have the BT addition, and is probably on a totally new PCB layout to accommodate it.

This isnt a dig at Team Powers. In fact they probably have the most to lose with a company like Trinity using the same OEM, smaller voices have a tendency to get pushed out. Smaller companies are also more likely to innovate, and those OEM's could care less where the idea comes from, and are happy to sell it off to the next person willing to pay more. Both of which may account for why ProPerformance is currently out of stock on ESC's, and has had to change Servo manufacturers a couple of times.

That being said, Team Powers stuff has never given me a reason to think it is junk, and I intend to be test their SSR compatible servo soon, because of the above mentioned supply issues with ProPerformance.

Basically the TL;DR is dealing with overseas OEM's can really suck sometimes, when your hard works gets sold on to someone else, and branded as their own. And no one will every truly know who came first.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 02-24-2023, 03:48 AM
  #8  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,417
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
As midse correctly stated, the V3 is the OG.

That OEM sold that design along, ProPerformance made some small PCB changes, used an improved driver/controller, and higher quality FET's. The 150a ProPerformance quotes is the nominal operational Amperage of that FET, not the maximum.

The V4.1 is essentially that same design, with similar, if not the same components of the ProPerformance unit. Probably because the OEM came to TeamPowers and said "Hey we can make them this way now", or "we are only making them this way now", and they slapped a .1 on the end.

The Trinity is basically a near exact copy of that design as well. In fact one thing that the Trinity and ProPerformance both share, is a strange "chirping" (stututututu, almost like a mini turbo wastegate) sound when under breaking. Which i have never heard a Team Powers ESC make. But i have heard it on Dakotah's cars, and on some Trinity cars as well. I dont know if it is an ABS setting, or something with timing, or what exactly? But i always found that odd.

The V5 is likely similar, and based on the same higher quality driver, and high quality FET's, but is obviously the newest design of the range, because it does have the BT addition, and is probably on a totally new PCB layout to accommodate it.

This isnt a dig at Team Powers. In fact they probably have the most to lose with a company like Trinity using them as an OEM, smaller voices have a tendency to get pushed out. Smaller companies are also more likely to innovate, and those OEM's could care less where the idea comes from, and are happy to sell it off to the next person willing to pay more. Both of which may account for why ProPerformance is currently out of stock on ESC's, and has had to change Servo manufacturers a couple of times.

That being said, Team Powers stuff has never given me a reason to think it is junk, and I intend to be test their SSR compatible servo soon, because of the above mentioned supply issues with ProPerformance.

Basically the TL;DR is dealing with overseas OEM's can really suck sometimes, when your hard works gets sold on to someone else, and branded as their own. And no one will every truly know who came first.
The V5 is quite different with a new microcontroller. The current Pro Performance is comparable to the V4 or V4.1. It sounded like you were suggesting the V5 is just a clone of the current Pro Performance model.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 02-24-2023, 07:40 AM
  #9  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 570
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The V5 is quite different with a new microcontroller. The current Pro Performance is comparable to the V4 or V4.1. It sounded like you were suggesting the V5 is just a clone of the current Pro Performance model.
To some extent it probably is, just like the Trinity. Especially on the FET side.

Going to have to wait until it drops, and see pictures of the internals, and see how much it has been changed and updated.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 02-24-2023, 05:32 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,417
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
To some extent it probably is, just like the Trinity. Especially on the FET side.

Going to have to wait until it drops, and see pictures of the internals, and see how much it has been changed and updated.
SInce the TP ones came first then really it's the Pro Performance that's the clone.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 02-25-2023, 12:44 AM
  #11  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 570
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
SInce the TP ones came first then really it's the Pro Performance that's the clone.
Again, the question is, did ProPerformance come to the OEM and ask for that design change with higher grade FET's and controllers? Or did the OEM offer the design to ProPerformance for a period of exclusivity, before it was offered to TP which became their V4.1, and later the Trinity?

Again, i am pretty certain that no one will be straightforward with timelines or whos idea came first. I am even shocked that TP admitted they use the same OEM, honestly.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 02-26-2023, 05:42 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Well, I saw the new TP motor and ESC this weekend - nice stuff, but I was most impressed with the new Bluetooth option - the app is really nice.

But, I'm sure it's not as nice as the Pro Performance BT app right?
Isaac, gigaplex and lexusbest like this.
belewis01 is offline  
Old 03-03-2023, 07:32 AM
  #13  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Middleton, Idaho
Posts: 27
Default

I just wish they had contact information to actually speak with someone or they at least responded to emails and FB messages. I've sent them at least 5 between the two and haven't received a reply. I was hoping to switch over to their esc and motor but with no response from them I'm concerned and starting to look elsewhere
JaGWolfgang is offline  
Old 03-04-2023, 01:54 PM
  #14  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4
Default Order placed

I just placed my order yesterday, will keep you updated.
Pliny the Elder is offline  
Old 03-08-2023, 10:34 PM
  #15  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,948
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

This is a Team Powers Thread
I should only see Team Powers posts in here
If I see ANY person pushing Pro Performance or any other brand saying they are a clone, oem etc, I am more than happy to see if I can still hand out holidays

For total transparency, I am NOT a Team Powers fan, I have been a 'supported driver' and had nothing but issues with their esc's and Australian parts availability and support as good as I found the motors to be, I also found other team drivers of a Hawaiian nature to be a tad overbearing in spruiking the product.
(Only ESC where they blamed the track for a failure, apparently the dirt is too metallic and causes a short? Come on...)
nexxus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.