Doesnt seem worth it.

gigaplex likes this.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
This is a Team Powers Thread
I should only see Team Powers posts in here
If I see ANY person pushing Pro Performance or any other brand saying they are a clone, oem etc, I am more than happy to see if I can still hand out holidays

For total transparency, I am NOT a Team Powers fan, I have been a 'supported driver' and had nothing but issues with their esc's and Australian parts availability and support as good as I found the motors to be, I also found other team drivers of a Hawaiian nature to be a tad overbearing in spruiking the product.
(Only ESC where they blamed the track for a failure, apparently the dirt is too metallic and causes a short? Come on...)
For transparency , your track has a sand pit for rc diggers on the edge of it. See photo

- Your ESC was inspected by the distributor and fine magnetic material and dust was found inside. It was cleaned tested and worked correctly and returned to you. Not a warranty claimable issue and now technically fraudulent in nature to claim otherwise especially without providing the complete story,. If you wish to further partake in furthe slander I am quite happy to personally pursue litigation$.
If you had of messaged me what must be 5 or 6 yesrs ago I would've just swapped you out my own esc that had several podiums.. Yours wasn't burnt out, it was just faulting out from picking up too much crud from your track sandpit or adjacent offroad dirt track..
---------------
V3 Radon 160 or 180a
V4 Radon 200a - telemetry tuning
V4.1 Radon LE 200a improved fets
V5 Radon Bluetooth 32 bit
Please check the features and timeline when released when comparing with other brands guys.

The V5 is effectively Team Powers 18th ESC released across all 1/10 disciplines from over 13 years R&D at elite to entry level competition.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JaGWolfgang
What is the release date for the V5?
Released.
https://www.team-powers.com/index.php?thispage=partners
Old 03-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
As midse correctly stated, the V3 is the OG.

That OEM sold that design along, ProPerformance made some small PCB changes, used an improved driver/controller, and higher quality FET's. The 150a ProPerformance quotes is the nominal operational Amperage of that FET, not the maximum.

The V4.1 is essentially that same design, with similar, if not the same components of the ProPerformance unit. Probably because the OEM came to TeamPowers and said "Hey we can make them this way now", or "we are only making them this way now", and they slapped a .1 on the end.

The Trinity is basically a near exact copy of that design as well. In fact one thing that the Trinity and ProPerformance both share, is a strange "chirping" (stututututu, almost like a mini turbo wastegate) sound when under breaking. Which i have never heard a Team Powers ESC make. But i have heard it on Dakotah's cars, and on some Trinity cars as well. I dont know if it is an ABS setting, or something with timing, or what exactly? But i always found that odd.

The V5 is likely similar, and based on the same higher quality driver, and high quality FET's, but is obviously the newest design of the range, because it does have the BT addition, and is probably on a totally new PCB layout to accommodate it.

This isnt a dig at Team Powers. In fact they probably have the most to lose with a company like Trinity using the same OEM, smaller voices have a tendency to get pushed out. Smaller companies are also more likely to innovate, and those OEM's could care less where the idea comes from, and are happy to sell it off to the next person willing to pay more. Both of which may account for why ProPerformance is currently out of stock on ESC's, and has had to change Servo manufacturers a couple of times.

That being said, Team Powers stuff has never given me a reason to think it is junk, and I intend to be test their SSR compatible servo soon, because of the above mentioned supply issues with ProPerformance.

Basically the TL;DR is dealing with overseas OEM's can really suck sometimes, when your hard works gets sold on to someone else, and branded as their own. And no one will every truly know who came first.
Totally different chronology of design development and release. Team Powers is based in Hong Kong and has direct access to the factory and support network. V5 is effectively the 16th to 18th esc offered across all disciplines. First esc was released in 2011.
Feel free to browse some of the brands achievements
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=Nif5oz
BigBuckORamma likes this.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

I just wish they had contact information to actually speak with someone or they at least responded to emails and FB messages. I've sent them at least 5 between the two and haven't received a reply. I was hoping to switch over to their esc and motor but with no response from them I'm concerned and starting to look elsewhere
Hi, what country are you in and what website did you try and contact? The dealer and team network is excellent.

https://www.team-powers.com/index.php?thispage=partners
Old 03-13-2023, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With overseas (China) manufacturing you get what you pay for and they are happy to oblige. Team Powers escís have always had lower grade FETís and internals since day one hence the constant cogging issues,firmware updates, and cheap price points
Old 03-13-2023, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
With overseas (China) manufacturing you get what you pay for and they are happy to oblige. Team Powers escís have always had lower grade FETís and internals since day one hence the constant cogging issues,firmware updates, and cheap price points
Never had cogging issues with my TP ESCs and they were a similar price to my Hobbywings.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
Aveox was USA made and one of the first "brushless" but they haven't made a consumer controller since the 90's.
Team Powers is current 🏆2022 USA and BRCA national Champion..
Higher price points are just simply expensive marketing dollars passed onto the consumer.
- This ESC has been in development and tested for other 18 months. ( USA and Asia)
- I've won a National and several other events with the older XPS V2 EL 45A 1S 1/12 esc. I still have a few unbroken track records set with that ESC ( 2018-2019) $60 USD esc at.the time.
-"Cogging" is usually caused by a damaged sensor cable/connection - Contact your dealer/track helpful racer.
- i believe the V1 Radon 2014 was the last ESC to have updated firmware releases, (3) all relating to stock braking as the rotors were a lot softer back then.
- Feel free to click on this link and scroll down to browse the Team Powers results archive back to 2009.
🟥🟦Team Powers Results Archive 2009-Present

Old 03-13-2023, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

I know this is more about the new V5, but can the mini 100a esc run turbo and boost on a 6.5 in a wheeler? I really would like to reduce some weight on my wheeler and my 2w if it drives nice. Mostly I drive on very high grip dirt and carpet. But carpet is usually stock because its a smaller track. Usually I run a 6.5 no boost or anything but some times and some layouts I could use a little more power. But not too often.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
I know this is more about the new V5, but can the mini 100a esc run turbo and boost on a 6.5 in a wheeler? I really would like to reduce some weight on my wheeler and my 2w if it drives nice. Mostly I drive on very high grip dirt and carpet. But carpet is usually stock because its a smaller track. Usually I run a 6.5 no boost or anything but some times and some layouts I could use a little more power. But not too often.
Yes that is what it is rated, monitor temps as it is so small. Run a larger fan .
Alexv2024 likes this.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I’m in America. I went through the Team Powers USA as well as FB messenger. I still never received a response as of today. My LHS assured me of the quality so I went ahead and bought 2 motors and an ESC from him.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default TPUSA

Iím in America. I went through the Team Powers USA as well as FB messenger. I still never received a response as of today. My LHS assured me of the quality so I went ahead and bought 2 motors and an ESC from him.
Nice....There were sole quality results globally last weekend with the new gear.
Mid March results

Facebook messenger isn't a monitored or official communicatiin platform for most businesses (spam) and depemdant on your email address there are heavier spam filters more than ever across the board. Prime/ Norcal hobbies are the distributors but definitely deal direct with your LHS dealer.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/254514...ibextid=Nif5oz
Old 03-27-2023, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know of a place in the US that has actinium V5 17.5's in stock yet? They popped up on the Team Powers USA site, but 17.5s were already gone when I noticed it.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Got my esc like two weeks ago. Installed it last weekend but due to all the wet weather here havenít been able to do a shake down test run. The Bluetooth function seems to work great, pairs easily and super simple set up. Looking forward to testing the different settings and felling the throttle and brakes. I love the removable on/off switch and I removed the fan as I run stock 17.5t.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.