R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   iSDT chargers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/1103478-isdt-chargers.html)

ollie 45 08-29-2022 03:56 PM

iSDT chargers

Anyone here have or have had an iSDT charger?
i’ve been looking at them lately and debating going this route or iCharger X6.
I was looking at the iSDT PT10 or 20.
they look decent for the price point.
I like the idea of a duo charger and I don’t usually charger over 10amps.

Are the Ichargers that much better?
if I went with the s6 or x6 I would need two of them.

Let’s here your thoughts and comments.

thanks

hunterdawg 08-29-2022 04:01 PM

Had a P30. Really liked the charger. Easy to use. Just wanted something with higher discharge rate.

I'm sure the other ISDT charger are just as high quality.

disaster999 08-29-2022 06:13 PM

ISDT and iChargers are both good chargers. ISDT started out with their sleek minimalist design and attractive price while iChargers are known for their charging power. ISDT chargers should be easier to use while the iCharger's user interface is a bit confusing, but there are plenty of youtube tutorial to walk you through the setup process and how to use the charger. If you are looking for a dual charger, the DX8 from iCharger would fit the bill. I would skip the ISDT P10 as it does not support reverse polarity (which is basic for any chargers now a days) and any discharging.

sosidge 08-30-2022 01:51 AM

I have the K2 charger. It's a very good charger, and I've had not real problems using it as a charger.

A couple of disappointments with the additional features though - the USB output doesn't charge phones (despite claiming it does), the option to use the charger as a power supply only works when you are NOT charging on any channel, the quality of the buttons is not quite as good as you would think from the way they look, and there are a couple of niggles in the UI related to short- vs long- button presses (part of my job is UI/UX so I'm very sensitive to this!).

Overall a very good charger, but with 5% more effort ISDT could have made a really great charger.

I would buy an ISDT again, but could be tempted by another brand if it had the same specs.

I agree with disaster999 that you should avoid the P10. It has a frankly dangerous design because it does not include storage mode (which is essential for safe care of LiPos), or any discharge functionality for that matter. Disappointed they even released a charger with those specs, even a £15 knock off B6 charger has storage mode!

Cromulent 08-30-2022 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 15935167)
I have the K2 charger. It's a very good charger, and I've had not real problems using it as a charger.

A couple of disappointments with the additional features though - the USB output doesn't charge phones (despite claiming it does), the option to use the charger as a power supply only works when you are NOT charging on any channel, the quality of the buttons is not quite as good as you would think from the way they look, and there are a couple of niggles in the UI related to short- vs long- button presses (part of my job is UI/UX so I'm very sensitive to this!).

Overall a very good charger, but with 5% more effort ISDT could have made a really great charger.

I would buy an ISDT again, but could be tempted by another brand if it had the same specs.

I agree with disaster999 that you should avoid the P10. It has a frankly dangerous design because it does not include storage mode (which is essential for safe care of LiPos), or any discharge functionality for that matter. Disappointed they even released a charger with those specs, even a £15 knock off B6 charger has storage mode!

I just picked up a K2 for home use. Much better layout/UI than my iCharger 406. Only thing I don't really like, is that it yells at you about "abnormal cell voltage" if you don't get the 2S balance lead plugged in right away on the battery side. Basically need to plug in my race packs in a specific order to avoid the alarm tone & message (ground, balance, positive). If it didn't do that and could charge at 30 amps, it would be perfect.

I'll probably pick up a DX6 once they are out, but loathe the iCharger UI.

malkiy 08-30-2022 10:58 AM

Wish they would put regenerative discharge in their chargers. I would have bought a P30 if it had this feature. After all these years I'm surprised only two companies put this feature in their chargers, icharger and muchmore.

disaster999 08-30-2022 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by malkiy (Post 15935318)
Wish they would put regenerative discharge in their chargers. I would have bought a P30 if it had this feature. After all these years I'm surprised only two companies put this feature in their chargers, icharger and muchmore.

Toolkitrc M6D chargers have regen charging as well.

Soul Surfer 09-01-2022 05:32 PM

I have the Q8 Max and really like it. Great price, touchscreen, user interface is simple, light or dark display mode and battery destroy feature if needed. Works great for me.

jojji22 03-24-2024 12:06 AM

My ISDT Q6 Pro first stop discharging lipos and now stopped charging. I have changed the cable and power supply but nothing worked. Any idea?
Thanks.

Roelof 03-24-2024 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by jojji22 (Post 16087941)
My ISDT Q6 Pro first stop discharging lipos and now stopped charging. I have changed the cable and power supply but nothing worked. Any idea?
Thanks.

Simple, if you think all external is OK then it must be something internal of the charger.....