Need recommendations for new dual charger >

Need recommendations for new dual charger

Like Tree10Likes

Need recommendations for new dual charger

Old 08-14-2022, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ballardrc View Post
It’s interesting that folks recommend a high end charger, but when the topic of power supplies comes up the answer is used converted server rack units. 300$ charger, 40$ power supply. They work but is it a matching pair?
Be careful what you ask for, with this ideology that high quality must cost more, then you will fall into the trap of microservices:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/12/2...-seats-feature

I have learned to appreciate quality products for budget pricing where applicable, and buying a used power supply that was designed to last decades makes perfect sense to me.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there is a myriad of options for power supplies.
Used converted and vinyl wrapped units all the way to overly complicated electronics lab bench top models.
I also appreciate the value in budget minded options. But that doesn’t mean all the other new units are a bmw gimmick.
The AC DC combination battery chargers are becoming more powerful rapidly as well. And have options for external dischargers. I think it may become the case that there will be less need to have an external power supply with modern combination units for most 2s-6s racing RC.
Heck an ultrapower UP8 and is matching upd200 would get the job done no problem and comes in under $300.
Could also buy the most expensive Icharger and a new meanwell 24v 2000 and put them in a pelican case.
I wasn’t trying to stir the beans commenting on vinyl wrapped used server power supplies, they work and are in wide spread use.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Default Charger

You can settle for Icharger 406
Old 08-16-2022, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Think there is a little misinformation in this thread.

406DUO's stated balance current in this thread is listed at 2.4 amps, this is only in synchronized mode. Single channel will be 1.2 amps.