Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
iCharger 406 Duo - LIHV Charging >

iCharger 406 Duo - LIHV Charging

Like Tree12Likes

iCharger 406 Duo - LIHV Charging

Old 12-30-2021, 12:07 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
turndownwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default iCharger 406 Duo - LIHV Charging

Just got one and beginning to read the manual but hoping for quick answer; can it charhe LIHV? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 12-30-2021, 12:39 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 883
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip View Post
Just got one and beginning to read the manual but hoping for quick answer; can it charhe LIHV? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Page 16/17 of the manual. Set charge end voltage to 4.35V.
biz77 is offline  
Old 12-30-2021, 12:54 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

It has a LIHV program already in there.
Silverbullet555 is offline  
Old 12-30-2021, 04:04 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
turndownwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default LiHv Setting...

Seeing it all now. Thanks guys; I should have explored a bit more before I made a post!
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 12:53 PM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 902
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip View Post
Just got one and beginning to read the manual but hoping for quick answer; can it charhe LIHV? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
I have a similar question but I want to charge LiHV on one channel and normal LIPOs on the other I know he can charge each cell up to 4.35V - just confusing how to do that and no idea how to do it for just one channel.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 01:00 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 902
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
I have a similar question but I want to charge LiHV on one channel and normal LIPOs on the other I know he can charge each cell up to 4.35V - just confusing how to do that and no idea how to do it for just one channel.
guess I need to update my icharger 😊
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 01:23 PM
  #7  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
lowspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
I have a similar question but I want to charge LiHV on one channel and normal LIPOs on the other I know he can charge each cell up to 4.35V - just confusing how to do that and no idea how to do it for just one channel.
Real simple...

Left side click the stop/start1 button. Menu comes up and use the center scroll wheel to chose what battery type you want to charge. Press the scroll button on that battery and a menu comes up, chose charge and press the scroll button again. Click yes when prompted if you want to proceed. To stop a charge at any time click the stop/start button again.
Do the same for the right side channel 2...

The iCharger is real simple to use once you understand the basics. You can modify charge modes and save them with a different name and they will appear in the menu. (it will be in channel 1 and channel 2 menu's automatically).
lowspark is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 02:35 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 902
Default

Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
Real simple...

Left side click the stop/start1 button. Menu comes up and use the center scroll wheel to chose what battery type you want to charge. Press the scroll button on that battery and a menu comes up, chose charge and press the scroll button again. Click yes when prompted if you want to proceed. To stop a charge at any time click the stop/start button again.
Do the same for the right side channel 2...

The iCharger is real simple to use once you understand the basics. You can modify charge modes and save them with a different name and they will appear in the menu. (it will be in channel 1 and channel 2 menu's automatically).
actually its the modifying the program part that I need help with and specifically changing the terminal charge voltage cutoff. I did it so it slightly over charges LIPOs so when I go to the line the voltage check is 7.4V but it does this on both channels. I want to set the cutoff differently on each channel. PS I have an older 406
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 03:57 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
actually its the modifying the program part that I need help with and specifically changing the terminal charge voltage cutoff. I did it so it slightly over charges LIPOs so when I go to the line the voltage check is 7.4V but it does this on both channels. I want to set the cutoff differently on each channel. PS I have an older 406
I don't think you can set it differently on different channels unless you create different programs. Rename one to be channel a and one channel b.
Silverbullet555 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 04:08 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Older I Chargers may not have the LiHV option installed - it was an update which can be added to older units. I believe firmware versions 2.18 and above support LiHV charging.

I updated around 2017, I believe via SD card, but they may have a software update program available now.

https://www.mttec.de/download/Junsi/...rger406Duo.txt


belewis01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 04:12 PM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 902
Default

Originally Posted by Silverbullet555 View Post
I don't think you can set it differently on different channels unless you create different programs. Rename one to be channel a and one channel b.
Yep - exactly what I ended up doing. After much Trial and error in following the users guide, I made a new program by editing the LIPO program and changing the charge endpoint cutoff for the LIHVs. Now I have the LIPO program on one channel and the LIHV program on the other. Now if I can only remember what I did😊
turndownwhip and lowspark like this.
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 01-02-2022, 04:38 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
turndownwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Yep - exactly what I ended up doing. After much Trial and error in following the users guide, I made a new program by editing the LIPO program and changing the charge endpoint cutoff for the LIHVs. Now I have the LIPO program on one channel and the LIHV program on the other. Now if I can only remember what I did😊
Please do remember!
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 01-02-2022, 04:52 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 902
Default

Originally Posted by turndownwhip View Post
Please do remember!
. Itís like when we moved my office and I setup many new computers. Itís easy if you do the same task over and over, more difficult if you donít do a task but once every year or two🤷🏻‍♂️ I like the iCharger but the user guide sucks. I did find a version V2 on the internet while better still leaves much to be desired☹️
John Wallace2 is offline  
Old 01-03-2022, 06:41 AM
  #14  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
turndownwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default iCharger manual

I think the original language was not english, for sure!
turndownwhip is offline  
Old 01-03-2022, 09:23 AM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Alexv2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 893
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

There are lots of videos on youtube on how to use the Duos.

The middle top button can access a menu that adds new profiles. I have about 8 different profiles I use for Lipos and Lihv's with different amp charges and even lower and higher voltage cut offs.

Like when I race mod and dont need all the horsepower I charge to 4.15 as its more consistent that way and helps the batteries last longer.
Alexv2024 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.