Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Steering Servo for CRC WTF1 Car >

Steering Servo for CRC WTF1 Car

Steering Servo for CRC WTF1 Car

Old 12-28-2021, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Steering Servo for CRC WTF1 Car

Hello F1 peeps. I just purchased a mint CRC WTF1 Formula one car and will be needing electronics for it. I have been told that a 1/12 pancar servo works good. Looking for a budget friendly (don't need the best of the best) servo that would be good price and reliable for lots of practice laps and getting into racing on black carpet.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by psychorc View Post
Hello F1 peeps. I just purchased a mint CRC WTF1 Formula one car and will be needing electronics for it. I have been told that a 1/12 pancar servo works good. Looking for a budget friendly (don't need the best of the best) servo that would be good price and reliable for lots of practice laps and getting into racing on black carpet.
Depends on what you consider "budget friendly"... I don't tend to buy the expensive stuff, but I buy decent stuff... I run the Savox 1252MG in the F1 and Sedans, I also have a 2263MG "Black Edition" in my USGT, which is a little more $$ but has shortened leads and a little more speed. All have treated me well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...qqqqqqlcqxactz
Old 12-28-2021, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I actually use that same Savox servo (Ryan’s version) in my Icon. Long story short the low profile servos are nice in a formula.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default R12

I used this servo in my Icon, might be worth a look for you
https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...p?prod=pow-r12
Old 12-28-2021, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I prefer the Sanwa that is suggested in the instructions. But then that is my preference. I also have it in my CK25AR's and GT10.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Savox is a great choice. It is durable and that is needed in a F1 more than any other car. With the front tires exposed a servo take a beating. You will find that out based on how long the ball cups last. Just scuffing a board can put a lot of load on it if the sidewall grabs. Low profile, metal gear and full ball bearing TC servos handle that best. Just be sure to get the High Speed version. Savox offers certain model number servos in high speed or high torque flavors. The first couple of letters tell the story as to which is is. The one suggested is that one.