Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Same thing with balance board....

Old 11-04-2021, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

I contacted protek (Amain) and told them what happened and that the battery is new and they are shipping a new one!! I don't need to send the old one. Very cool that there is good customer service still out there.

Thanks for the replies all.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorXhead
I contacted protek (Amain) and told them what happened and that the battery is new and they are shipping a new one!! I don't need to send the old one. Very cool that there is good customer service still out there.

Thanks for the replies all.
AMain took care of a damaged item in the same way for me on one occasion. I am always glad to see there are companies that take care of their customers and so I will continue to support them with my purchases as often as I can. :-)
Old 11-05-2021, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Out of curiosity, are you running this pack in a TEKNO EB48 2.0 chassis?

Also curious if you can provide a photo of the chassis with the battery installed and plugged into your car, regardless of brand of chassis.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
Out of curiosity, are you running this pack in a TEKNO EB48 2.0 chassis?

Yep!

Also curious if you can provide a photo of the chassis with the battery installed and plugged into your car, regardless of brand of chassis.
Sorry don't have any pics with the batt in the car but here it is without the batt...

Old 11-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

mains say its 15.17 so more than 2 cells..id look at balance plug .check all wires going into it and then if I needed 2 go to contacts on top..

Last edited by the rc guy; 11-05-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I have reason to believe that there is a fundamental design flaw in the battery tray for the 2.0 TEKNO chassis where the velcro strap tends to put extraneous stress on the battery terminals which tend to jack the internal wiring of the battery pack.... such that regardless of the brand of battery used, pretty much all brands of batteries are prematurely failing in the 2.0 TEKNO's. I've seen cases where a battery has failed on the very first use at the club in my area!

If you want to minimize the severity of the damage caused by the design flaw, it's important to orient the pack so the terminals are located to the rear of the chassis.

I logged a total of 32 race days on my 2.0 TEKNO and went through 2 battery pack failures before I decided to go a different direction when I bought the 3rd pack, more info here:

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/...864/post-17986

I've since logged 28 race days on a different brand vehicle running the same 3rd battery I replaced with the previous chasses without any battery issues since. Main difference is the battery is supported by a tall plastic mount that is the full height of the battery and uses a carbon strap to secure the battery on top so there is no chance for the battery to move around in the tray and no pressure is applied to the battery terminals.

Following pic is from my eTruggy not the buggy, but pretty much the same layout and scenario with the battery life so you can see the difference in the battery tray design: