Like Tree135Likes

Futaba 10PX

Old 10-06-2022, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am having a very weird bug. Going to the user menu and playing with options like throttle endpoint and steering curves will cause the transmitter to shut down roughly half the time. This is a recurring issue. Batteries seem fine and transmitter works perfectly otherwise. It is practically brand new.

Anyone else have any issues like this?? Pretty strange bug…
Old 10-07-2022, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevolutionM View Post
Seems like some things indicate the 10Px comes with both the regular and large wheel other things make it sound like it only comes with one anyone confirm
My 10px came with both small and large wheels, USA bought.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
I am having a very weird bug. Going to the user menu and playing with options like throttle endpoint and steering curves will cause the transmitter to shut down roughly half the time. This is a recurring issue. Batteries seem fine and transmitter works perfectly otherwise. It is practically brand new.

Anyone else have any issues like this?? Pretty strange bug…
I have not seen or heard of this issue. I suggest opening up a Tech support ticket with Futaba USA.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Can the 10PX set the channel directly to one of these s.bus Decoders?

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/sbus/

It does not seem to work for me. When I read via the direct connection, the LEDs on the decoder blink real fast but the 10PX always says it did not discover anything. I also tried it on CH1 of a R304SB but got similar results. It would seem this decoder should look just like an s.bus servo to the transmitter.

My next step was to buy a Futaba SBC-1 but it seems like this should work.

Thanks for any tips. This is the first time I have worked with s.bus.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:17 AM
Tech Lord

Futaba has a same module you can program through the program port of the transmitter.
Old 01-17-2023, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

which is better for the 10px 7.4v lipo battery or 6.6v life battery
Old 01-17-2023, 04:12 AM
Tech Lord

For performance there is no difference.
The original LiFe battery can be charged with a Futaba charger through the charger port because of an own integrated balancer circuit.
LiPo has more capacity
LiPo is less safe

So it is your choice.....
Old 01-17-2023, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smanders View Post
Can the 10PX set the channel directly to one of these s.bus Decoders?

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/sbus/

It does not seem to work for me. When I read via the direct connection, the LEDs on the decoder blink real fast but the 10PX always says it did not discover anything. I also tried it on CH1 of a R304SB but got similar results. It would seem this decoder should look just like an s.bus servo to the transmitter.

My next step was to buy a Futaba SBC-1 but it seems like this should work.

Thanks for any tips. This is the first time I have worked with s.bus.
You answered your own question. You need a s-bus servo to add channels above 4. The manual show how to program the servo. This is why I hate Futaba. You have to buy expensive special servo to get more channels.

This is the reason why I'm looking at the flysky noble4 pro It can use up to 12 channels before I I need to use the i-bus for 6 more channels max 18 channels. I don't need all that junk on a radio that I will never use.
Old 01-17-2023, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 1995 Monster T View Post
You answered your own question. You need a s-bus servo to add channels above 4. The manual show how to program the servo. This is why I hate Futaba. You have to buy expensive special servo to get more channels.

This is the reason why I'm looking at the flysky noble4 pro It can use up to 12 channels before I I need to use the i-bus for 6 more channels max 18 channels. I don't need all that junk on a radio that I will never use.
You are very ignorant aren't you? Maybe you should step out of your own world and learn something.

smanders
Microsoft Word - SBUS Decoder.doc (frsky-rc.com)
It says it can be programmed by the Futaba SBC1, that is an external programmer. Then I would say the transmitter would also be able to prgram it.

Otherwise you can look at this:
Jhemcu spp 8ch signal converter module support sbus ppm pwm output for receiver Sale - Banggood.com
No programming needed but it does just put out all channels like a normal receiver.

If speed is no issue you can also take a look to the S-FHSS receivers which can be found up to 8 channels
TxRxList_Updated-RX-HIGHLIGHTED (futabausa.com)

Old 01-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

To simplify, I ended up just going with a Futaba R2106GF receiver. This gets me 6 channels in analog mode. It works with all servos, no special configuration. Since this is just for a crawler, the response times are not really that important and the price is very reasonable.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I have an issue with my steering holding center. It will randomly move off center and I have to adjust my sub-trim up/down by 20 - 40 before my races. I have tried 3 different servos and I still have this problem.

Could this be an issue with the 10px or receiver? I purchased it new when it came out. I tried creating a new model and that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Old 01-29-2023, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmaxlb7 View Post
I have an issue with my steering holding center. It will randomly move off center and I have to adjust my sub-trim up/down by 20 - 40 before my races. I have tried 3 different servos and I still have this problem.

Could this be an issue with the 10px or receiver? I purchased it new when it came out. I tried creating a new model and that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?
First thought is maybe the steering potentiometer is failing.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmaxlb7 View Post

Any ideas?
Is the servo horn a good fit on the servo? Is it slipping or jumping a spline in crashes?
Old 01-30-2023, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
First thought is maybe the steering potentiometer is failing.
Are all the top shelf radios still using pots?
Seems to me hall sensors would be a no brainer.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:09 AM
Tech Lord

I did read somwhere Futaba has the optop or is switching over to electronic pots.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.