• 1 Post By rustyus
  • 2 Post By Pedmar007

Sanwa MTS or MT44

Old 08-27-2020, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sanwa MTS or MT44

Good day all,

I have at the moment Spektrum DX5R and wish to move to Sanwa, slowly because of all the RXs I have. Although I do not have any issues with DX5R.
My question, please. Is there a lot of difference between MTS and MT44. Looked at spec, both has SSL and SSR so I imagine both will be similar in speed? I don't use a lot of programing in Radio though so I am mainly looking for response in both please.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jojji22 View Post
Good day all,

I have at the moment Spektrum DX5R and wish to move to Sanwa, slowly because of all the RXs I have. Although I do not have any issues with DX5R.
My question, please. Is there a lot of difference between MTS and MT44. Looked at spec, both has SSL and SSR so I imagine both will be similar in speed? I don't use a lot of programing in Radio though so I am mainly looking for response in both please.

Thanks.
Trying to understand, do you have alot of sanwa rxs or spektrum rxs? As Rx is used to represent receivers. If you have alot of sanwa rxs why have a Spektrum radio and if you have a lot of spektrum receivers why move to sanwa? Or is it you meant you own many rc vehicles?
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pedmar007 View Post
Trying to understand, do you have alot of sanwa rxs or spektrum rxs? As Rx is used to represent receivers. If you have alot of sanwa rxs why have a Spektrum radio and if you have a lot of spektrum receivers why move to sanwa? Or is it you meant you own many rc vehicles?
I have 7 vehicles with Spektrum RX.
I want to move to Sanwa, because I have only heard good things about Sanwa and their response is better?

Last edited by jojji22; 08-27-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was in a very similar situation a year ago. Win-win either way. It will all come down to what features you can live without.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jojji22 View Post
I have 7 vehicles with Spektrum RX.
I want to move to Sanwa, because I have only heard good things about Sanwa and their response is better?
Nothing heard about Futaba or KO?
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had all brands over the years. Several Futaba (Not bad) and Spektrum models (which all sucked IMHO) Had a Sanwa M11, M12 then M17 and now the MT-44, which is now my favorite radio Iíve ever owned. I race, bash and crawl.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
I have had all brands over the years. Several Futaba (Not bad) and Spektrum models (which all sucked IMHO) Had a Sanwa M11, M12 then M17 and now the MT-44, which is now my favorite radio Iíve ever owned. I race, bash and crawl.
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Nothing heard about Futaba or KO?
What are them? Hehehehe. Joking.
For some reason I didn't like them. My personal opinion though.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustyus View Post
I was in a very similar situation a year ago. Win-win either way. It will all come down to what features you can live without.
Ultimately, all I ever need out of a radio system is sub-trim, servo speed, timer, expo, and throttle/steering EPAs. The MT-S had everything that I look for in a transmitter, and everything else that it does is just "icing on the cake". The latency/response times of the MT-44 and the MT-S radio systems? That I don't know. The transmitter only price of $99 (MT-S) was right up my alley as I planned on buying Sanwa compatible receivers anyway. There is also a MT-S w/2 receivers package out there for $199 that I did not see at the time of my purchase.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

I have the MT-44 and I love it. Navigation is also very easy. Light weight and compact. I have nothing bad to say about it. I only replaced the plastic steering wheel with an aluminum.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mts mt44

I have both.
Both lightspeed.
The rubber grips on the 44 sucks.
Both great.
Dropped the mts from 12 feet. No beats missed.
Mts to this day is my only rc investment that hasnt let me down once...not a blink of failure.
44 throt pot got dirty once. Had to clean it. Works fine again.
mts never got dirty.

throt pot on mts looks robust but antequated.
mt44 looks modern...but not pretected well enough from elements.

both awesome. I recommend the 44 if you like having a bunch of fancy features youll never use. Its got a bunch.
rustyus and jojji22 like this.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

I bought the MT-S for my son. It’s a solid radio with a good feature set for the price. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the MT44 but it is a good choice, depending on your needs.

Martin Paradis
jojji22 likes this.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WatDuHeaw View Post
I have both.
Both lightspeed.
The rubber grips on the 44 sucks.
Both great.
Dropped the mts from 12 feet. No beats missed.
Mts to this day is my only rc investment that hasnt let me down once...not a blink of failure.
44 throt pot got dirty once. Had to clean it. Works fine again.
mts never got dirty.

throt pot on mts looks robust but antequated.
mt44 looks modern...but not pretected well enough from elements.

both awesome. I recommend the 44 if you like having a bunch of fancy features youll never use. Its got a bunch.
It's funny you mention the potentiometer getting dirty. After trying to clean the pot, and finding out I couldn't get spare parts for my RadioLink transmitter (that had a throttle pot neutral "zone" issues)....I tossed it out. When I went looking for a new mid-level radio system, I noticed the MT-44 and the MT-S both allow a person to calibrate the neutral position/operating range of the steering and the throttle channels. At the price points of the radios, I thought that calibration feature was a very nice touch. I just hope I will not have to use it for a long time.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
You bought the MT-44 after the M17? 🤔 am I missing something?
jojji22 and Stevie S like this.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

DX5R binds @ 5.5ms how much faster do you expect any other brand to be?