Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum dx3s - DSM2 or not and Telemetry options >

Spektrum dx3s - DSM2 or not and Telemetry options

Spektrum dx3s - DSM2 or not and Telemetry options

Old 08-04-2020, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Spektrum dx3s - DSM2 or not and Telemetry options

Hi Everyone

I'm currently unable to figure out if the Spektrum DX3S is DSM2 or not, from what I've read the early ones weren't and the later ones were DSM2 ??

I have a SR3100 which I can bind to, and it sorta works - meaning steering works, but throttle acts odd, has a default throttle forward with the subtrims and trim set to 0 at binding. Have to bring the trim back to -8 on throttle to get it to settle. This is the only RX that does this.

The 2nd question is regarding Telemetry - are there no newer offerings other than the hard to from SR3300T RX which will work with this transmitter?

Will any of the new DSM2/ DSMX telemetry RX's work? Or maybe something like the Lemon RX Telemetry -Ebay item ID#: 222809754424

I am just looking for battery pack voltage, temperature, and rpm would be nice...

If there aren't any options at this point, and I am stuck finding old SR3300T's, what would be a modern radio you'd recommend with these options that don't require a smart phone?

Spektrum seems finicky regarding telemetry - is going for a Flysky or Futaba better? Just looking for whoeever has the best working telemetry at a fair price [read not the cheapest]...

thanks for any advice
Jonathan