Best 2.4ghz radio and receiver >

Best 2.4ghz radio and receiver

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By billdelong

Best 2.4ghz radio and receiver

Old 03-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Best 2.4ghz radio and receiver

Hi. I need to pick up a new radio for my erevo 1/10 scale I would also like to use this radio for other cars I plan to purchase in the future what should I look at?
Old 03-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

The best are expensive. The current Sanwa M17 or Futaba 7PX can go up to 700 dollar or more.
Then if you want ro get full potential out of it you so need a matching SR/SSR servo.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Best in what price range? Racing or just bashing?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Which surface radio system is the best?

For a budget system I would take a first look at the $55 RadioLink RC4GS

I am currently running a $250 Graupner X-8E and don't plan to replace it anytime soon, however there is no longer a distributor in the USA for Graupner so I would need to order parts from overseas in order to get service for it.

The $240 Kyosho KT-432PT has my attention for considering a nice mid range system.

For a high end system, I would consider the $600 Futaba 7PXR

Last edited by billdelong; 03-25-2020 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The best radios with no expense spared with be with the futaba 7px or the sanwa m17.
they both can be had for about $530 shipped with 2 high speed receivers on rcmart.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Which surface radio system is the best?
The $240 Kyosho KT-432PT has my attention for considering a nice mid range system.
+1 for Radiolink for a budget systems with dirt cheap receivers. - Great basher setup and a built in gyro is a unique especially at the price point.

Bill - why the Kyosho for a mid range selection? I like the user interface but haven't heard much else on this...

Old 03-25-2020, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sacmiata View Post
Bill - why the Kyosho for a mid range selection? I like the user interface but haven't heard much else on this...
I have not seen the Kyosho radio in person, but it has some really nice features that checks off most of my hard requirements such as touch screen, telemetry, ergos and steering speed.... but it lacks a charge port with a voltage range between 4.2-6.0V which has me thinking that perhaps it might function well on 1S @ 4.35V. It's really hard to find "the perfect" radio at a reasonable price... I'm not willing to spend $600 on a radio right now so of the mid range systems out there, my current pick is Graupner with the sacrifice of not having a USA service center. then my second pick goes to Kyosho with the sacrifice of no USB charge port... out of my personal list of requirements in this price range.
sacmiata likes this.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

I am using an older Specktrum DX3R- I really like it- and receivers are not very expensive- Some guys at the track I have seen using the flysky (?) which are pretty cheap- guess it's like someone said- depends on how much you wanna spend - good luck and enjoy the truck
Old 03-26-2020, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I mainly need one just to fool around with do some bashing here and there.

My budget would be no more than $80 if that can help you steer me to the right one. I am just really scared of my car taking off on me and losing it.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry to say but the quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.

I this case 80 euro is not really close for a "best system". Wih a Futaba 3PM or 3PV just slight above your budget you get a decent system.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

I would go with the Radiolink that I linked above for your budget, it comes with a lot of nice features for the price. I still keep one for a backup and that Radiolink yields almost identical lap times and consistency as several high end radio systems that I have compared back to back with over the years. I would not recommend any of the "budget 3 channel systems" from any of the top name brands (Futaba, Sanwa, etc), they lack too many features and are way too overpriced for what you get

If you're gonna go with a name brand then you want to spend at least $200+ for a decent mid level system.