Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By papagogo

Discharge Bank Temp

Old 01-22-2020, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Discharge Bank Temp

What kind if temps are you guy's getting from your 40a discharge banks? I am testing one I made myself and I want to see if I did a good enough job with cooling. Thanks
Old 01-23-2020, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Just look up the specifications of the resistors, they are mentioned in the datasheets. Probably with easy they can withstand 150 degrees celcius.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Just look up the specifications of the resistors, they are mentioned in the datasheets. Probably with easy they can withstand 150 degrees celcius.
That was my thought as well but the datasheet doesn't seem to exist for the ones I have. I found similar rates with max at 200C so I'll check what mine gets to but I don't think it's that high. I'm just try to get an idea of what the commercial ones are like.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mine that I have been using for about 3 weeks is just those cheap amazon 1 ohm 100 watt resisters. I don’t think there are specs on that either and I have one fan on top and a heat sink and fan on the bottom. I am just under 120 c over most points I was able to read. Mine is built for 25 amp but it should be the same load per resister as a 40amp as I would just be adding resisters to get to that point. Probably have 15 cycles through it and it’s doing fine.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

with a little finger work by user you can find spec sheet thru manufacture and parts #...
Old 01-23-2020, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Di_spencer View Post
What kind if temps are you guy's getting from your 40a discharge banks? I am testing one I made myself and I want to see if I did a good enough job with cooling. Thanks
Around 175 degres celcius !
At 8mn00
billdelong likes this.