Search
Like Tree8Likes

Can’t decide m17 or 7pk

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
OK, so my next question would be what is "Super response mode" going to do for me? I really don't think I am going to benefit from a millisecond of response time either way. Like I said some guys even slow down their stuff. As far as the CB700 goes, that is a crazy amount of torque. I guess 1/8 scale would benefit from that amount of torque.

Not to question technology, but sometimes I feel the latest and the greatest is more about gimmicks and marketing, and not real world use. I could be wrong. When radios went to 2.4ghz, that was a huge jump forward in technology and ease of use. I was happy to invest in a new radio. But trying to decipher and figure out the benefits of FH4 vs FH5, vs FHSS and T-FHSS, I am not so sure.
what the fastest response modes will do for someone who has the skills is provide a more connected feel to the vehicle picking up every micro movement at a faster rate,not to be confused with transit speed of the servo point a to point b,resolution means a crisper sharper signal and for myself there is nothing better than the m17 on SXR mode. I ran Sanwa SXR servos first on my M17 and recently switched to pro performance and couldn’t be happier the difference is unreal and my results prove it
zipperfoot likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
OK, so my next question would be what is "Super response mode" going to do for me? I really don't think I am going to benefit from a millisecond of response time either way. Like I said some guys even slow down their stuff. As far as the CB700 goes, that is a crazy amount of torque. I guess 1/8 scale would benefit from that amount of torque.
There are 3 things in a servo information signal that gives a time difference.

1) pulse width.
A normal servo signal has a pulse width of between 1 and 2 milli secconds with as center 1.5msec. It is not much but it is time. Futaba SR is using a center pulse of 0.76msec and Sanwa 0.3msec. It gives a shorter time difference between control and servo.

2) framerate
Reading the controls is done in a continious loop. With cheap and old systems the loop takes 20msec (50Hz) to go round and at certain positions in that circle the controls are read. At one time a control change can take 20msec to be read and transmitted and at the other moment a control change is directly picked up. This random time of between 0 and 20msec can make a difference of making the apex right or a meter wider or shorter at a same moment you want to steer.
Raising this framerate makes the random time shorter and with that the controll of the car much more precise. For sure running fast cars on a tight grippy track like modified 1/12 carpet racing will show a difference on this

3) Latency.
Latency is a delay caused by interference and microprocessors. Interference is a nasty thing and is giving a random delay, it depends the quality of the RX/TX and the used protocl. Caused by microprocessors in transmitter, receiver and servo/ESC is a steady time and soso will be adapted by the mind.

But with all 3 as good as possible there will be a much more direct feeling of the car in control.
zipperfoot and DirkW like this.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome information in the post above and exactly why I am feeling what I am and getting the results and lap time differences to prove it! The only thing that I can disagree with semi is that I am using my new equipment in every vehicle now and the difference is absolutely astonishing. This new company pro performance is on to something and combined with my m17 I have never had a better feeling of control. It’s starting to catch on at my local track now