Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Orion Touch Duo Internal Power Supply >

Orion Touch Duo Internal Power Supply

Orion Touch Duo Internal Power Supply

Old 12-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Orion Touch Duo Internal Power Supply

My Orion Touch Duo charger does not work using the internal power supply anymore, but it does work when plugged into an external power supply? Has anyone else had this issue and is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The internal power supply is most likely dead. On some AC chargers, it's pretty easy to replace because it's just a laptop/LED style power adapter mounted inside.

Think the Orion charger does not use this style. And I think this might be a challenge for you since you'll need a 200w power supply.

I fixed someone else's AC charger (60w) by finding a laptop style power supply and removing it from it's case and mounting it where the original was. Then cut the output cable short and soldered to the charger internally. If I remember, the only thing I had to do was to enlarge the AC plug hole slightly.