Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Can anyone recommend a GCS? >

Can anyone recommend a GCS?

Can anyone recommend a GCS?

Old 08-09-2019, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Can anyone recommend a GCS?

I need a portable GCS of high performance, better with 8-km distance and able to endure harsh environments such as rain and dust. It is better adaptable to px4 flight controller. Thanks!

Last edited by Garypilot; 08-09-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garypilot View Post
I need a portable GCS of high performance, better with 8-km distance and able to endure harsh environments such as rain and dust. It is better adaptable to px4 flight controller. Thanks!
I had to custom build mine, I've yet to see a commercial product for that combination of requirements. There's several threads on the ardupilot forums I've seen with people building their own. I did mine from a Euro version Taranis, Windows Tablet, lots of regulators, and LRS modules. I had to CNC cut and 3D print parts to do it but I also wanted to integrate my ADS-B radios and USB/VRX into Mission Planner.

There's a $1500 option I've seen at aliexpress (can't post links yet so here's the part number: 32884633101 ) but I've not tested it and can't stand by it as a good product. Several vendors at AUVSI Xponential had "almost market ready" options that were supposed to be a few months from production but I've not seen release announcements yet.

Happy to share pics and ideas via PM if you are interested in building your own...
Good Luck!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by paul_barsamian View Post
I had to custom build mine, I've yet to see a commercial product for that combination of requirements. There's several threads on the ardupilot forums I've seen with people building their own. I did mine from a Euro version Taranis, Windows Tablet, lots of regulators, and LRS modules. I had to CNC cut and 3D print parts to do it but I also wanted to integrate my ADS-B radios and USB/VRX into Mission Planner.

There's a $1500 option I've seen at aliexpress (can't post links yet so here's the part number: 32884633101 ) but I've not tested it and can't stand by it as a good product. Several vendors at AUVSI Xponential had "almost market ready" options that were supposed to be a few months from production but I've not seen release announcements yet.

Happy to share pics and ideas via PM if you are interested in building your own...
Good Luck!
Thanks for your advice. I am not capable of building my own yet. I do need a GCS that combines data and image transmission system.