Like Tree5Likes

Radio/transmitter?

Old 06-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 for the 3pv
It has been great for me running two cars. My only issue is the battery cover on the bottom cracked because I ham fistted (obviously my fault).. but I glued it back together and have been using it without issue for over a year.

It works, it is easy to adjust settings, is light .. All I did was the same thing I have done with every RC radio I have used, I wrap some electrical tap around the brake side of the throttle and put shrink wrap on it so my finger fits snug.
Juglenaut and racknpinion like this.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sanwa.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:42 AM
mes
Tech Master

For racing I'd not settle for anything below mid-range, and IMHO it is currently Sanwa or Futaba. If you don't want to spend a lot, look for a used MT-4 or Futaba 4PV, maybe even one of the older top of the line units such as the 4PKS (or R, expensive receivers) or M11X, which will be heavier but provide better performance than any of todays entry level models. Chances are high that you don't enjoy your hobby as much with the wrong radio and eventually quit. When I returned to the hobby after a break, I thought the MX-V would be enough, but it wasn't.