Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Fake Hobbywing and Castle on Ebay by puogyun-336? >

Fake Hobbywing and Castle on Ebay by puogyun-336?

Like Tree3Likes

Fake Hobbywing and Castle on Ebay by puogyun-336?

Old 06-21-2019, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbywing esc

As i said earlier i have bought them from china and from amain and there was no difference all packed the same and all programed and worked alike. As for warranty yes they arent covered but at the price i didnt care. The only down side for me was time it took to recieve
Old 06-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That would totally suck for the seller with good feedback.

A few days ago when puogyun-336 had a 99.1 rating, I ordered a couple items out of curiosity. Just about $100 worth. I figured that if I received nothing that I'd get Ebay to resolve it. I did get a valid tracking number for epacket. Yesterday, it was accepted into the US postal system. Maybe it will be a box of rocks, or, more likely, a box of paper or bubble wrap! I'm curious as heck to find out. I'll let y'all know.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
That would totally suck for the seller with good feedback.

A few days ago when puogyun-336 had a 99.1 rating, I ordered a couple items out of curiosity. Just about $100 worth. I figured that if I received nothing that I'd get Ebay to resolve it. I did get a valid tracking number for epacket. Yesterday, it was accepted into the US postal system. Maybe it will be a box of rocks, or, more likely, a box of paper or bubble wrap! I'm curious as heck to find out. I'll let y'all know.
From what I've seen, you actually receive a product, just not the brand name product advertised. We've lost several pieces of tooling over the years, so it's likely that the knockoff castle motor uses basically the same design as our old 1512, but the the materials are going to be much lower quality. I would expect the fake motor to have lower quality steel used in the laminations of the stator, lower rated magnets(both strength and max temperature), and a lower copper fill in the slots of the stator. All of these will reduce the efficiency of the motor and make it run hotter. It also doesn't go through as strict of a QC process so it might fall apart on the first run if they didn't build it correctly.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

I literally just created an account to reply to this thread. (My hobby interest is rocketry, but there's some overlap). I bought a bike part from this seller RIGHT BEFORE the feedback took a dive on June 12. Sounds like the hijacked-account scam, as was described above.

Part was supposed to arrive on 6/20. Then 6/22. Then showed delivered on 6/22, in a zip code a thousand miles away.

eBay says they're opening a claim and they'll get the funds for me ... we'll see.

Just a new "buyer beware" thing, I guess - if it sounds too good to be true....
Old 06-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RocketeerGuy View Post
I literally just created an account to reply to this thread. (My hobby interest is rocketry, but there's some overlap). I bought a bike part from this seller RIGHT BEFORE the feedback took a dive on June 12. Sounds like the hijacked-account scam, as was described above.

Part was supposed to arrive on 6/20. Then 6/22. Then showed delivered on 6/22, in a zip code a thousand miles away.

eBay says they're opening a claim and they'll get the funds for me ... we'll see.

Just a new "buyer beware" thing, I guess - if it sounds too good to be true....
Ugh. Thanks for letting us know! You'd think that Ebay would have better account security than that. Can't be good for business when customers stop coming back due to fear of getting ripped off.

Last edited by MailManX; 07-11-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Feedback: Final Results

I promised feedback, so here you go!

I watched the tracking go from China into the US and over to Los Angeles. I was feeling pretty good about it because I live near San Diego. Then it got delivered, IN MESA, AZ! Why in the world would the scammer bother to even create a shipment only to send it to a fake address? Or, maybe the scammer sends nothing and manipulates the shipping-tracking system. That doesn’t seem likely, though.

By the time I saw the final delivery in AZ, I wasn't surprised because the seller was no longer registered with Ebay. At last check yesterday, his feedback was -4. Sheesh!This is my first time using the Ebay/Paypal guarantee and I was surprised at how easily it went. Within seconds of making the refund request, I got an e-mail saying it was approved. They didn’t make me wait through the BS of having to send it to the seller and wait three days. My Paypal immediately reflected a “Refund by Ebay” for the correct amount. This must have cost them a lot of money! But I guess its insurance built into the cost of doing business. I feel bad for the original seller who had built up good feedback.
AndyArdmore likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
I promised feedback, so here you go!

I watched the tracking go from China into the US and over to Los Angeles. I was feeling pretty good about it because I live near San Diego. Then it got delivered, IN MESA, AZ! Why in the world would the scammer bother to even create a shipment only to send it to a fake address? Or, maybe the scammer sends nothing and manipulates the shipping-tracking system. That doesn’t seem likely, though.

By the time I saw the final delivery in AZ, I wasn't surprised because the seller was no longer registered with Ebay. At last check yesterday, his feedback was -4. Sheesh!This is my first time using the Ebay/Paypal guarantee and I was surprised at how easily it went. Within seconds of making the refund request, I got an e-mail saying it was approved. They didn’t make me wait through the BS of having to send it to the seller and wait three days. My Paypal immediately reflected a “Refund by Ebay” for the correct amount. This must have cost them a lot of money! But I guess its insurance built into the cost of doing business. I feel bad for the original seller who had built up good feedback.
Seller shipped one item out to someone and used that tracking number for all other shipments. Not sure what they shipped. Extremely common.