Why are futaba prices so much cheaper over sea >

Why are futaba prices so much cheaper over sea

Like Tree7Likes

Why are futaba prices so much cheaper over sea

Old 06-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Why are futaba prices so much cheaper over sea

Why is futaba stuff so expensive here in America? I notice there’s a huge price difference is futaba prices when you buy from Asia. Like it’s 30-70% cheeper.
For example a 7px is $700 not including tax and shipping here in the states and on rcmart and other sites a 7px is $530 shipped and that’s with 2 receivers. Receivers here are like $80 and there like $50-60 shipped from Asia. Top of the line futaba servos are like $250 here but only $150 or less shipped from Asia. It’s almost half price. What gives?
Nicadrauspro4 likes this.

Last edited by riceball777; 06-07-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 242 (100%+)

Somebody has the pay for the "Slow Boat From China"!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Same reason a Mercedes is so much cheaper in Germany.

Be aware that if you do order a Futaba radio from overseas, that's where you'll have to send it if you need warranty work.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

There are plenty reasons what makes the price. The US distributor also have to create space to store its stock, and stock will always loose value. The distributor has to arrange invoices, a warehouse etc and even an arrangement for warranty. . All have to be payed.

But why are people always looking to far countries with other economics and whining that it is cheaper over there? Houses are cheaper over there too!
Old 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Don’t forget about the FCC label.
And if that unit you bought from overseas causes certain noise, the government can just take it from you.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Juglenaut View Post
Donít forget about the FCC label.
And if that unit you bought from overseas causes certain noise, the government can just take it from you.

💯 correct, the FCC will show up at your club race and confiscate your radio if these certain radio noises are found. I have seen it first hand they show up ask to look at your radio plug it in to specialized machine, check the reading and then they told the owner it was not legal. Never saw the radio again.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
Why is futaba stuff so expensive here in America? I notice thereís a huge price difference is futaba prices when you buy from Asia. Like itís 30-70% cheeper.
For example a 7px is $700 not including tax and shipping here in the states and on rcmart and other sites a 7px is $530 shipped and thatís with 2 receivers. Receivers here are like $80 and there like $50-60 shipped from Asia. Top of the line futaba servos are like $250 here but only $150 or less shipped from Asia. Itís almost half price. What gives?
Well Futaba is a Japanese brand which also have factories in the Philippines and China, all of which are Asian countries.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Agreed on everything said. When you consider what goes into the cost of importing these items itís easy to figure. Import costs themselves, advertising, and the added benefit of a live person to talk to about issues, service, etc. Not to mention paying employees and their benefits and supporting American workers that work for these companies.

The disparity in pricing between grey market imports and buying through an authorized distributor ends up paying for itself in a number of ways that arenít always apparent at first glance.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post

💯 correct, the FCC will show up at your club race and confiscate your radio if these certain radio noises are found. I have seen it first hand they show up ask to look at your radio plug it in to specialized machine, check the reading and then they told the owner it was not legal. Never saw the radio again.
Well thatís one way to get a cheap radio!
Old 06-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

this thread makes me giggle for sure, futaba is like this world wide - the answer is: if theres your family pie thats ment for 5, but your uncle, aunt and their 3 kids also want a bite, how big does the pie now have to be? this seems to be how things are working and why online shopping is cheaper(buying from overseas etc) there is less people to take a bite from that pie.

I refuse to buy radios Here in the US, they are stupid expensive for what they actually are, RC products like this have massive margins for the Brand of them. RcMart is cheaper - have a look at their facebook, they do so many local events, sure its in china etc but if they can do it why cant anyone else? IRCW doesnt seem to have a problem and they match internet prices
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iplaygames View Post
this thread makes me giggle for sure, futaba is like this world wide - the answer is: if theres your family pie thats ment for 5, but your uncle, aunt and their 3 kids also want a bite, how big does the pie now have to be? this seems to be how things are working and why online shopping is cheaper(buying from overseas etc) there is less people to take a bite from that pie.

I refuse to buy radios Here in the US, they are stupid expensive for what they actually are, RC products like this have massive margins for the Brand of them. RcMart is cheaper - have a look at their facebook, they do so many local events, sure its in china etc but if they can do it why cant anyone else? IRCW doesnt seem to have a problem and they match internet prices
Sadly the effect of people like you does harm the local hobby shop. I have seen many shops closing because peoply buy in Asia at Hobbyking and Banggood. To people like you I always ask why you do not buy your house, 1:1 car, life insurance and all other things in your life over there as well?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

in a house purchase there's generally only 2 bites, funnily enough i bought my 2012 Audi R8 from out of Europe and was sent here for about $15k less.

Hobbyshops are dead anyway, unless they own a track i will not support them. online shopping clearly is the future, the jobs are just in different sectors now.

Look at Amain, originaly a online only store run out of a garage but now its massive online and small shop fronts but they have multiple tracks that a nice to be at.

Indy has got it right, nice facility, good atmosphere... a shop run track and people support it well because of that reason.

however if something is $150-200 cheaper i will get from overseas(things like a radio) and still spend the savings on tires, i run proline so supporting anther overpriced item.

tires are dumb, they dont need to be so expensive, When i spoke to a Pro driver who i wont name said the amount of tires he goes through he cant believe the tire Company's make money, which i would assume is part of the reason for the high price.

Im a strong believer in a control tire and making chassis design and setup way more important(this is why we buy the latest and greatest isnt it? but yet tires are the #1 item...)

its just my opinion on it, Im in a high up management role and you should see the profit margin and how many people take a bite of some of those pies.
STLNLST and Nicadrauspro4 like this.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I’m only seeing the huge price difference from buying from online in the USA compared to a reputable over seas supplier like rcmart in futaba products. I don’t see a huge differences in from from any other brand.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

I pay less than $50 for a futaba R334sbs receiver in Hong Kong, The cheap price may be due to those receivers and servos are made in china.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
Why is futaba stuff so expensive here in America? I notice thereís a huge price difference is futaba prices when you buy from Asia. Like itís 30-70% cheeper.
For example a 7px is $700 not including tax and shipping here in the states and on rcmart and other sites a 7px is $530 shipped and thatís with 2 receivers. Receivers here are like $80 and there like $50-60 shipped from Asia. Top of the line futaba servos are like $250 here but only $150 or less shipped from Asia. Itís almost half price. What gives?
Because Americans will pay the price difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service