Horrible Sanwa customer service, buyer beware

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By awidz

Horrible Sanwa customer service, buyer beware

Old 05-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Horrible Sanwa customer service, buyer beware

I would think twice about ever buying a Sanwa radio ever again. I bought a Sanwa Mt-s radio that had a factory defect. Radio would not fully center wheel when turned to the left. I contacted serpent american because they are only usa facility repair center. They received defective radio in December and said Sanwa does not allow them to do any repairs on radio in america anymore and it was being sent back to them, again this was in December. I have called every single month now to Serpent America to find out status on my radio. They keep telling me Sanwa is horrible on getting any repairs back to them, they even had to send there boss overseas because so many customers are upset. Again i called them now 6 months after this defective product was in there possession with same answer , they have yet to receive my radio back from them. This is unacceptable for any industry to have to wait for a defective product out of the box i paid good money for now for over 6 months to get repaired. Don"t tell me this is the way it is i work for the largest manufacture and distributer of other electronics in another industry that my customer like rc use there product every single weekend and we have a turnaround of 3 weeks max on any products we distribute and we sell, if my customer bought a product that was defective and i told them it would be over a half a year to get there product back , they would never buy our product again and our company would no longer be in business, if this is deemed acceptable by the rc industry then that is a problem. This is unaccceptable for any company in any industry of no word on my radio after almost 7 months. I would not support this company at all the way they take care of there customers with defective product on their end.
raylesk likes this.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz View Post
I would think twice about ever buying a Sanwa radio ever again. I bought a Sanwa Mt-s radio that had a factory defect. Radio would not fully center wheel when turned to the left. I contacted serpent american because they are only usa facility repair center. They received defective radio in December and said Sanwa does not allow them to do any repairs on radio in america anymore and it was being sent back to them, again this was in December. I have called every single month now to Serpent America to find out status on my radio. They keep telling me Sanwa is horrible on getting any repairs back to them, they even had to send there boss overseas because so many customers are upset. Again i called them now 6 months after this defective product was in there possession with same answer , they have yet to receive my radio back from them. This is unacceptable for any industry to have to wait for a defective product out of the box i paid good money for now for over 6 months to get repaired. Don"t tell me this is the way it is i work for the largest manufacture and distributer of other electronics in another industry that my customer like rc use there product every single weekend and we have a turnaround of 3 weeks max on any products we distribute and we sell, if my customer bought a product that was defective and i told them it would be over a half a year to get there product back , they would never buy our product again and our company would no longer be in business, if this is deemed acceptable by the rc industry then that is a problem. This is unaccceptable for any company in any industry of no word on my radio after almost 7 months. I would not support this company at all the way they take care of there customers with defective product on their end.

I called Serpent Usa again today, they are so upset with Sanwa customer service that they know we have been waiting for over 6 months now, that they are taking a radio out of there new stock to send to us since they think the turnaround issues with Sanwa is also unacceptable. Thanks to Serpent Usa for taking care of a end user that should have been taken care of by Sanwa directly in a timely fashion and was not. I would still think hard and long about ever purchasing a Sanwa radio ever again due to there horrible Customer service on defective or needing to be repaired product.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:44 PM
KoP
Tech Apprentice

Totally unacceptable. I own a Futaba.

Also, in every instance of your post, the word there is actually being used as a possessive. So the spelling is their.

There and their, they’re not the same 😉
Old 05-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 242 (100%+)

Now you're a key board commando concerned about spelling??? Geeeeez
Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 PM
KoP
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
Now you're a key board commando concerned about spelling??? Geeeeez
you’re welcome. I guess it is the mentality on the internet to not care about literacy?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz View Post
Wow - very disappointing. I just decided on the M17 and this would certainly have pushed me to choose the 7PX. Too late now unless I take a bath on the M17.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Wow - very disappointing. I just decided on the M17 and this would certainly have pushed me to choose the 7PX. Too late now unless I take a bath on the M17.
I have heard Futaba is about the same for repairs. One reason I jumped to Sanwa. To be honest Spektrum is probably the best customer service for a radio in the US
Old 05-24-2019, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
I have heard Futaba is about the same for repairs. One reason I jumped to Sanwa. To be honest Spektrum is probably the best customer service for a radio in the US
Hmmm. I so wish the Spektrum DX6R was a better radio. I read through the entire Spektrum thread and came to the conclusion that the new radio added some very nice features but didn't do the core functionality particularly well. I eliminated it from the running between the 7PX and M17. I decided on the M17 largely because it was so new, seemed to have worked out the bugs and was $200 cheaper.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Hmmm. I so wish the Spektrum DX6R was a better radio. I read through the entire Spektrum thread and came to the conclusion that the new radio added some very nice features but didn't do the core functionality particularly well. I eliminated it from the running between the 7PX and M17. I decided on the M17 largely because it was so new, seemed to have worked out the bugs and was $200 cheaper.

I have had several radios over the past several months trying them out MT44, Spektrum DX6r, Futaba 7PX and the M17. The first 6R was a nightmare so many issues. Went to a MT44 no issues ran it for awhile until the 6R 2.0 software version was released. The newest 6R worked well really like all the features and ease of use. Only real complaints are the cheap look to the radio (plastic just looks cheap) and its android so sometimes things just crash for no reason. The crashes did not effect radio use but it was a little annoying at times. Also andorid version is locked so whatever version you have is the only version you will have. The android version looks like a five year old cell phone..... But overall I would recommend the radio. The Spektrum surface manager is very proactive and I think great things await their surface radio. I think a new version of their surface radio is sooner than later... just a guess. I had to use Skektrum's customer service on a charger and it was flawless and easy. Had a 7px for a short time. Its a nice radio but over priced in my opinion. The newest receiver has a built in antenna holder which broke during my first use and futaba did not respond to emails about a replacement case. Comfortable radio but not worth the extra money. M17 is by far the most comfortable radio and the usb charging is really a neat idea. I wish it had a touch screen, however if that is what keeps the price down the touch pad they have is just fine its easy to navigate.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

I have a Spektrum DX6R that I'm currently using. I did buy a M17. Why, because I've used Spekturm radios since they came out, wanted to compare. The DX6R is a new breed of radio which has a learning curve as it challenges the traditional transmitter. The touchscreen on the 6R is also dope. Once you take the time to learn the radio, the DX6R is a great radio. The 6R has the best interface with their SW. Now both radios have USB charging. I would totally recommend a 6R. But, the M17 is nice. I think the 6R is a bit cheaper all around. And the 6R comes with the best support and product managers that are all over the internet. You will always get a reply.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I decided to buy an older version that was very trust worthy, and the M12S is about as good as it gets for a radio you can count on.