Search
Like Tree651Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Are they quick on processing the orders? I asked them if they can print custom images for skins (I have a couple drawn up I would like) but 24 hours later, no response.

If I never hear anything, I may just break down and buy one of the pre-made ones.
They shipped my order for a screw set in one day a few months ago. I don't know about communication as I'e never had to message them.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so i should prob note down my settings for all vehicle slots before I do this update?
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Yep. It resets all settings.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Tech Initiate

How many volts was the battery you think might have fried it?

The cheapest place I have found to buy them us at hobby king. FYI, if you need to get more.

the battery mentioned is the one I used, 7.4volts ...

so I don't know why it wouldn't work ..
Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealthwave888
the battery mentioned is the one I used, 7.4volts ...

so I don't know why it wouldn't work ..
Was the battery plug inserted the correct way? Positive and negative correct on receiver? That's the only thing that comes to mind , or receiver just failed.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedworks
Was the battery plug inserted the correct way? Positive and negative correct on receiver? That's the only thing that comes to mind , or receiver just failed.
Or maybe he was using a voltage sensor, like frewster when he fried one?

Or maybe he just got a junk receiver. I have 6 FGr4S receivers, havent had a single issue with any of them, but it happens.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or maybe he was using a voltage sensor, like frewster when he fried one?

Or maybe he just got a junk receiver. I have 6 FGr4S receivers, havent had a single issue with any of them, but it happens.
Yep could very well be just a bad receiver..

Im looking to pickup one of these radios in a few months. looking forward to testing this out vs my dx5r.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Interesting news. I talked to FlySky and told them the numbers on the voltage regulator ICs that are in the sensors I was using and they *are* the updated ones that use 8.4V max voltage regulators. I've asked them what could possibly lead to my FGr4 receivers disconnecting from my transmitter and until then I will solely be using FGr4s receivers as I haven't had any issues with those.
Stealthwave888 likes this.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Need Help,
I just received My Noble NP4. I'm using it for my crawlers. My question is how do I setup channel 3 for a light switch and channel 4 for my servo winch?

Also SW2 is printed on both side next to the wheel. Manual shows SW2 on one side and SW3 on the other. Is this an error?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

What I used for the flysky nb4 noble mini receiver ..
Old 07-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Need Help,
I just received My Noble NP4. I'm using it for my crawlers. My question is how do I setup channel 3 for a light switch and channel 4 for my servo winch?

Also SW2 is printed on both side next to the wheel. Manual shows SW2 on one side and SW3 on the other. Is this an error?
SW2 is left of the wheel and SW3 is right of the wheel. The font is a little strange but it's there on mine.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Still no changelog but my radio worked great for both cars at the track this weekend. I am running the new firmware and updated my FGr4 and FGr4s receivers. Zero issues of any sort. Perhaps I just needed to update the firmware on my FGr4 to match the TX?
Old 07-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Ola
Tech Initiate

Mailman showed up with a Noble on the door today.. Never seen one in real life before i bought it, but the few reviews i`ve seen looked promising.
Havent had a car radio for a while, last one was a Futaba 4pk.

Very impressed so far. Love the display, and the battery solution even more. Everything feels solid and high end.
I did put in a double sided tape under the display, to lock the steering wheel slide thingy though, i dont care for it to be movable.

Oh, and it can be used directly agaist my win10 computer for VRCpro simulator, by only using USB cable and enable «noble emulator» in the system usb menu, no need for a dongle.

Thumbs up!
ttppll likes this.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ola
Mailman showed up with a Noble on the door today.. Never seen one in real life before i bought it, but the few reviews i`ve seen looked promising.
Havent had a car radio for a while, last one was a Futaba 4pk.

Very impressed so far. Love the display, and the battery solution even more. Everything feels solid and high end.
I did put in a double sided tape under the display, to lock the steering wheel slide thingy though, i dont care for it to be movable.

Oh, and it can be used directly agaist my win10 computer for VRCpro simulator, by only using USB cable and enable «noble emulator» in the system usb menu, no need for a dongle.

Thumbs up!
Interesting that you felt the need to secure the moving arm so it doesnt move. Mine is very stiff, and doesnt seem to move unintentionally at all while in use. Is yours moving freely?

I dont know what the deal is, but I cant get either of mine to work on my pc as a controller. I think its a USB driver thing.

I have had a good amount of time using the radio in direct sunlight now, and I have to say, I dont think the display in sunlight concern is an issue. Seems bright enough, and once things are dialed in, Im not really looking at it that much anyway. So, time spent modeling a sun shield, wasted? Yeah probably, far from the only thing I have wasted time on. lol

Last edited by MrOflam; 07-16-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

What version of Windows are you using? It works for me on Windows 10. You just have to set it to Noble emulator in the USB settings on the TX before plugging it in.
s550v likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.