Search
Like Tree651Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Just to clarify, there are 2 types of USB Simulators that work with Fly Sky radios, both have USB adapters that plug into the PC, however the 2 options are a DSC adapter which looks like the same plug used for earphone's and the other style is just a traditional USB cable that plugs into a mini-USB port on the radio.
Bill, which other FlySky surface radios can be used via USB without an adapter?
Old 06-29-2019, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
Bill, which other FlySky surface radios can be used via USB without an adapter?
I don't know for sure how many other FlySky radios, but I gave an example with the GT3C on Post #84 of the previous page.

It is worth noting that system still requires a simulator, only difference is that there is no DSC port, you must get an adapter that uses a mini-USB port instead. There are some other brands of radios which have a servo port which can be used to connect to a simulator adapter as well.

The simulator will need to be calibrated through the VRC settings to get the controls to map properly with the PC.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

T-Works is now selling screen protectors and skins for the NB4.

T-Work?s FS-NB4 custom skins & screen protector -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News

Old 07-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

T-Works is now selling screen protectors and skins for the NB4.

T-Work?s FS-NB4 custom skins & screen protector -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News

Wish they had more variety on the colors for the skins... Might buy one.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i decided to pick one of these up as I wasnt quite liking my Futaba 4PLS any longer, and boy am I glad I got this and made the switch.
Ive only used it one time, racing today, but it is a very nice radio and so many features.
it was simple to set up and easy to understand all the menus.
The trigger and wheel also felt much better to me than the 4pls.
I love this radio.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

So I made a mistake and possibly overloaded the mini receiver that came with the radio.. Can anyone take a photo of where you put the battery in the receiver. And then the throttle n ssteering... Figured it out on the normal size receiver.

I got it to work for a minute.. So hmm

I plugged in a 2000+ mah battery in it. Any help would be deeply appreciated so I save myself money 😂
Old 07-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stealthwave888
So I made a mistake and possibly overloaded the mini receiver that came with the radio.. Can anyone take a photo of where you put the battery in the receiver. And then the throttle n ssteering... Figured it out on the normal size receiver.

I got it to work for a minute.. So hmm

I plugged in a 2000+ mah battery in it. Any help would be deeply appreciated so I save myself money 😂
MAH (milliamp hours) doesnt matter (only an indicator of how long the battery lasts), volts do. The FGr4S is rated for 3.5-8.4 volts. If you exceeded 8.4, you probably fried it.
But to answer your question, steering goes in channel 1, throttle in 2, battery anywhere else.

Check it, got me a cool custom grip.

Stealthwave888 likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MrOflam
MAH (milliamp hours) doesnt matter (only an indicator of how long the battery lasts), volts do. The FGr4S is rated for 3.5-8.4 volts. If you exceeded 8.4, you probably fried it.
But to answer your question, steering goes in channel 1, throttle in 2, battery anywhere else.

nice touch brother looks great, hmm so I've put the 2400mah 7.4V lipo in the mini receiver no response.. Gets warm but nothing... Not sure what I did wrong.. But I'll have to get a few mini receivers.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stealthwave888
nice touch brother looks great, hmm so I've put the 2400mah 7.4V lipo in the mini receiver no response.. Gets warm but nothing... Not sure what I did wrong.. But I'll have to get a few mini receivers.
How many volts was the battery you think might have fried it?

The cheapest place I have found to buy them us at hobby king. FYI, if you need to get more.
Stealthwave888 likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrOflam

sweet grip man.
where did you get it?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by morvlorv
sweet grip man.
where did you get it?
Came from here

I dont know how he makes them, but they are very soft, and almost like stick to your fingers. Im digging them much more than I thought I would.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

There's a new firmware available. 1.0.0.41. I've asked FlySky for a changelog and should get one in a day or two. Don't forget to update your receivers if you update the transmitter!
Old 07-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

There's a new firmware available. 1.0.0.41. I've asked FlySky for a changelog and should get one in a day or two. Don't forget to update your receivers if you update the transmitter!
Man, that was a slow update. Almost worried it was going to fail and screw up stuff. lol

Got one radio updated, and epic fail! All my settings got reset, and lost the models I had.

Flipping through looking for things that are different... I dont see anything.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to lose my settings either. Sorry about that.

One thing I've noticed is setting the failsafe is much more intuitive than it was on 1.0.0.36 was for me. Again, I'll let you know when I find out all the changes and share the changelog.

I couldn't resist... I ordered the gradient blue purple skin. Can't wait!
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to lose my settings either. Sorry about that.

One thing I've noticed is setting the failsafe is much more intuitive than it was on 1.0.0.36 was for me. Again, I'll let you know when I find out all the changes and share the changelog.

I couldn't resist... I ordered the gradient blue purple skin. Can't wait!
Are they quick on processing the orders? I asked them if they can print custom images for skins (I have a couple drawn up I would like) but 24 hours later, no response.

If I never hear anything, I may just break down and buy one of the pre-made ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.