Like Tree650Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Old 07-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
What version of Windows are you using? It works for me on Windows 10. You just have to set it to Noble emulator in the USB settings on the TX before plugging it in.
Im using windows 7. I get some unrecognized USB message when I try it.

The attempts to get it to work made me want to play that VRC game, so I actually ordered some usb dongle thing that you attach a receiver to lol

Just waiting on shipping....
Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Ola
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Interesting that you felt the need to secure the moving arm so it doesnt move. Mine is very stiff, and doesnt seem to move unintentionally at all while in use. Is yours moving freely?

I dont know what the deal is, but I cant get either of mine to work on my pc as a controller. I think its a USB driver thing.

I have had a good amount of time using the radio in direct sunlight now, and I have to say, I dont think the display in sunlight concern is an issue. Seems bright enough, and once things are dialed in, Im not really looking at it that much anyway. So, time spent modeling a sun shield, wasted? Yeah probably, far from the only thing I have wasted time on. lol
No, it didnt move freely, but i just dont see any advantage for it to be movable for my personal use, so i rather prefer it to sit at the exactly same spot at all times.

i also struggled alittle with the usb driver thingy. But it solved itself just by some restarting.
The flysky usb cable was a bit unstable when doing sim though. Changed to a different cable, and its all good.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I just got mine a couple days ago.

I love the look and feel of the tx. My only issue is that my steering channel goes nuts every once and a while. I'm using the small receiver. I turned down the frequency of the servo but it still does it. I'm going to see if I can do an update, hopefully that will help.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JatoSCT
I love the look and feel of the tx. My only issue is that my steering channel goes nuts every once and a while. I'm using the small receiver. I turned down the frequency of the servo but it still does it. I'm going to see if I can do an update, hopefully that will help.
Did you change the servo channel to analogue?

Some of my servos get jittery if they are on digital.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

So, the internet suppliers of radio skins shut me down on getting my own designs printed for a noble skin. I messaged all of them I could find, most never responded, 2 directly told me "no". But, come to find out, the local shirt printing place has a vinyl printer/cutter, so they hooked me up. Cost was about the same as the pre-made skins over at T-Works ($25). Some of the fit of some of the stickers wasnt perfect, but overall, I think it turned out pretty damn awesome!

TOM MAR, frewster and s550v like this.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Wow, that looks fantastic.
MrOflam likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morvlorv
i decided to pick one of these up as I wasnt quite liking my Futaba 4PLS any longer, and boy am I glad I got this and made the switch.
Ive only used it one time, racing today, but it is a very nice radio and so many features.
it was simple to set up and easy to understand all the menus.
The trigger and wheel also felt much better to me than the 4pls.
I love this radio.
Just started looking into this thread.

I’d thought the the 4pls was going to be the answer. But I hate it

I’ve got a number of low budget rebranded FlySky controllers. All work nice and simple. Unfortunately seeing that this was has needed firmware updates, I don’t have the ability to do this, might be roadblock for me
Old 07-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Why can't you update the firmware? All you need is a windows computer. Borrow a friend's!
Old 07-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Just started looking into this thread.

I’d thought the the 4pls was going to be the answer. But I hate it

I’ve got a number of low budget rebranded FlySky controllers. All work nice and simple. Unfortunately seeing that this was has needed firmware updates, I don’t have the ability to do this, might be roadblock for me
Why can't you update the firmware? All you need is a windows computer. Borrow a friend's!
Also, updating firmware isnt a requirement. All work work just fine out of the box, even if you never update it.

Youll just possibly miss out on any cool updates. But, FYI, so far the updates havent included anything note worthy.
Billy Kelly likes this.

Last edited by MrOflam; 07-19-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

I’m a tech dinosaur. Unfortunately most I know are also dinosaurs. My phone is only internet connection I’ve got. I know a few with iPads. But not easy to get ahold of or around much.

I’ve got an esc that to use the programming card needs a firmware update, been trying for over a year. Ended up just getting the WiFi module
Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Updating the firmware is simple as can be and I think you could do it! FlySky simply releases an exe file, you plug in the transmitter via the USB cable it comes with, and the software will detect it. Then you leave it plugged in and powered on and start the update in the software. It takes a few minutes but it is pretty seamless.

8 channel support is coming 7/25/2019

FlySky posted today that the firmware update to support 8 channels with the NB4 will be released 7/25/2019!
Old 07-19-2019, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Did you change the servo channel to analogue?

Some of my servos get jittery if they are on digital.
I did not try that yet, but I certainly will.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Updating the firmware is simple as can be and I think you could do it! FlySky simply releases an exe file, you plug in the transmitter via the USB cable it comes with, and the software will detect it. Then you leave it plugged in and powered on and start the update in the software. It takes a few minutes but it is pretty seamless.

8 channel support is coming 7/25/2019

FlySky posted today that the firmware update to support 8 channels with the NB4 will be released 7/25/2019!
To my knowledge, and from trying with other devices, it can’t be done from a phone. Until I’ve got something other then a phone, firmware update aren’t possible for me.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

There might be a bluetooth module in the works (FlySky recently got FCC certification for one) but as of right now you need a PC.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I’m a tech dinosaur. Unfortunately most I know are also dinosaurs. My phone is only internet connection I’ve got. I know a few with iPads. But not easy to get ahold of or around much.

I’ve got an esc that to use the programming card needs a firmware update, been trying for over a year. Ended up just getting the WiFi module
I used my public library for years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.