Like Tree273Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Old 02-18-2021, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

basic function is the same. after update I felt i was more responsive. I like the main screen better also. I also like the abilty to back up all he models to my computer so in the future I dont have to setup everything. if you did i with the last update .83 then his update was a breeze. luckily I only had 1 model setup on this radio so I didnt bother backing it up until now
gwc likes this.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:38 PM
gwc
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by soulcoma View Post
basic function is the same. after update I felt i was more responsive. I like the main screen better also. I also like the abilty to back up all he models to my computer so in the future I dont have to setup everything. if you did i with the last update .83 then his update was a breeze. luckily I only had 1 model setup on this radio so I didnt bother backing it up until now
Yea I did update from .83 and it was very easy and don't get me wrong I love my NB4, the user interface and the way it feels in my hand is the best and I have owned pretty high end Futaba and Sanwa radios and this radio is much better for me 👍
soulcoma likes this.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

I have a Futaba 7PX as well I use that for all my race stuff and High Speed Drag cars. But Since I go the Noble I'm liking I more and more. It has a similar feel to the 7PX. slightly smaller form factor and a hell of a lot cheaper. If I got the Noble a long time ago I probably wouldn't have bought a 7PX. 7PX is still the King of Transmitters though.
oleg_ra likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

How does this radio feel after have been using it for more than 1 year? Still good?
Old 02-22-2021, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I only used mine a 1/2 year before Covid, and I haven't been racing this year. But I still used it a lot, still feels new to me.
D1360 likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:08 AM
gwc
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by D1360 View Post
How does this radio feel after have been using it for more than 1 year? Still good?
We are still running here in TN at https://apexraceway.com/ and the more I use my NB4 the more I like it, wouldn't trade it for any other! 👍👍
D1360 likes this.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

This radio canīt only be good. What are the bad things/what could have been done better with this radio?
(Asking because I might order one soon.)
Old 02-23-2021, 07:22 AM
gwc
Tech Apprentice

This radio canīt only be good. What are the bad things/what could have been done better with this radio?
For my purpose racing 1/10th scale touring cars I have found nothing I don't like about the radio, maybe some of the guys that use it for bashing, drag racing, crawling etc. have found some short comings but none for my purpose!
D1360 and oleg_ra like this.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Errr, I dunno, as some reviews state, the charging LEDs between the external and internal batteries can be a little confusing. There are some typos in the UI... and I guess I'd probably not use it with my boats or in rain/drizzle. Thats what I have the GT5 for though.

you could say the updating is frustrating, but if you've ever tried to pop into the Traxxas dashboard to tweak something and get stuck with a TX/RX update while you're out trying to have fun, thats 10x more annoying.

There's limited RX availability compared to 2A and there's no gyro AFHDS3 RX's available yet.

Fairly minor complaints really. When you get a chance to try one, you'll get it. Its so ergonomic and responds so quickly. Some cars that were difficult to control became much easier to drive for me. My lap times dropped significantly. Not saying thats all low latency, or ergonomics, but the combination of everything just make me love the way this radio performs.
D1360, gwc and oleg_ra like this.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Some negatives I noticed:

- The GODDAMN idle warning. If you let it sit for a bit it just starts freaking out and turns off after a while. On the newest version you can turn it off but it's so damn annoying.
- I wouldn't want to drop it, well I wouldn't want to drop any radio, but especially not this one because if you break the screen/digitizer... yea good luck
- The size adjustment on the trigger might be a little tight for people with really thick fingers.
- It might be a bit dim on really bright days
- Availability, they don't really have a distributor in my area, so if HobbyKing is out it's either nothing or 2-8 weeks from china for a receiver (stock some spares, they're cheap enough).
- "just getting a new battery" isn't really that easy. The internal one is standardized but you need to open the whole thing. The one that doubles as the stand? good luck.
D1360 likes this.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Feels like if you drop it it's all over - but this is my only radio in like 20 years so I can't comment on what Futaba or Sanwa feels like in regards to dropping them.

I often times bump the trim buttons on top of the wheel. I've taken to disabling the those buttons once my car is set.

I have a receiver in my daughter's car that refuses to update, so she's stuck on the old firmware unless I swap out the receiver. I've been working with Hobbymate (that's where I bought it from) but they haven't been especially helpful, just directing me to youtube videos when the issue is the receiver itself. I haven't contacted Flysky about it yet, but will next month when their holiday is over. This isn't a huge issue. I've already purchased a new receiver that was $30 and it updated fine. I just haven't put it in the daughter's buggy yet.

I think I'm the only one at my track that has had one of these. Last weekend I had 5 people ask me about it and want to play with it to see how it felt. All of them were impressed. A long time (and good) racer that was helping me dial in my cars drove with it and will be replacing his Sanwa with it when the time comes.

I've picked up some other folks radios at the track and none of them feel as good in my hand as the NB4, but that might just be my bias as I haven't owned anything else in over 2 decades.
D1360, gwc and oleg_ra like this.
Old Today, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Quite honestly after the latest update I haven't found anything negative about the Noble. As for the lacking Receiver comment they just release a bunch more. I think there are 8-10 receivers available now. The 7PX and it hand down the best you can buy. BUT its 3 times the price of the Noble. If you can justify the cost and want the best by all means go for it. My buddy was telling me yesterday that he wants o sell his 4PV and upgrade to the 7PX and I told him to wait until he tries my Noble. Unless your a Pro lvl Racer I just can justify the cost and I have it already. I'm thinking about selling it and my 20 receivers. I find myself using the Noble more than my 7PX now. It now has Mini Z compatible receiver as well. I can do everything on the Noble I can with the 7PX and its easier to set up. From Tank mixing, Crawler functions like MOA, 4WS, Programmable buttons, etc. Firmware updating and receiver updating is also a breeze. Not to mention when I use the Noble I'm not overly cautious with it like I am with the 7PX. so I find myself driving better.

If the Noble had a color screen it would be the new king.

If I had to nit pick Id say the fact its a Cheaper Chinese brand quality control may be a concern but I haven't had any issues yet.

I'm liking this Radio so much I'm even considering getting the Paladin PL18 to replace my Custom Frsky Taranis, and my new Custom Radio Master TX16s for my Drones and Plane
gwc likes this.