Like Tree633Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Old 06-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default 2wd fgr4s

Well, I been testing on my 2wd, radio is not going in full throttle. So now rally confused. I'm wondering if ESc can cause a memory to over ride radio memory, which well give it a reading at full throttle. Car runs fine if I dont turn off radio when connected to 4wd, but when I turn off both and let radio sit for 30 min, I'll turn on radio and I check calibration and that's when I see it's on full throttle. I dont want to do this everytime when I turn on car , especially for a race
Old 06-28-2020, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Trying to preemptively make a sun shield for the noble. First print attempt. As is often the case, not 100% happy with the first draft. didnt slide over the steering wheel arm well at all, and I think its a bit too short to block as much sun as it may need to.. Making adjustments.

I tried my nobel in the Fl. sun today, I could not make out anything on my screen Have you had any luck with your sunscreen & are you selling them?
Never mind I made my own
s550v likes this.

Last edited by TOM MAR; 07-12-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RodRC
I flashed the standard 85, but this happened before, when I got it was 79. I'm wondering if somehow its reading something when the my car is running , maybe from ESC on car? Than when I turn off it has a bad calibration in memory? It runs fine , when I recalibrate the stick after a few minutes to try to get it back to normal. This so weird, I like radio but it's new havent even taken to track
Anything is possible but I highly doubt it's an ESC override issue. Yes, it's possible an ESC can act wonky a lose it's throttle calibration (which you're supposed to do whenever you hookup an esc to a new radio) but to literally OVERRIDE your actal radio calibration to the point you can see in the calibration setting menu that it's off? I highly, highly doubt that. If you have access to a different ESC that you can borrow and install in your car or maybe just toss the RX in a buddies ride and try it out, that'd be the way to go from here.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bad reciever?

Well you think can be bad reciever or do we need to program a failsafe on radio?
Old 06-28-2020, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Well you think can be bad reciever or do we need to program a failsafe on radio?
I'm not understanding the second part of your question but at this point it's a game of elimination. I suggested above that you try your other RX (assuming you received 2 RX when you purchased the radio) and I'm not sure you did so. You also didn't answer if you ever set a failsafe, maybe that is the issue somehow? I also suggested re flashing the firmware which may not help since you wrote you've had this issue since .79? Next is to try a different ESC. Did you ever perform ESC throttle calibration when you installed the ESC on your kit? I'm sure you did bit you haven't specified. What brand ESC are you using? If nothing changes when trying all of the above, it may be the radio itself that is at fault unfortunately. There should be no logical reason why this radio, or any radio for that matter, would lose throttle calibration when power cycling it other than there is something wrong with the radio's software. I can't see how this is a hardware issue but I'm no engineer.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default FAILSAFE

I actually never set a failsafe, and I recieved two fgr4s. I'm using a Arrowmax Dash esc, which I calibrated after binding to radio. So I tested my 2ed buggy and doesnt happen to radio. I'm wondering if it could be a sensor wire? Or maybe the reciever gets a bad signal after turning off is why radio sees it as full throttle? I downloaded the standard 85 , I live in Sacramento CA. So not sure if I need to download FCC.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Throttle stuck

This picture shows I just turned on than went to stick calibration, this after I let it sit after 20 mins. Car is off too.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default when I turned on

Here when I turned on after running again and leaving the car off. Radio sat for 20 min after turning on. ch2 is set to full throttle .

Old 06-30-2020, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by andreas78
Well, but still, when I bind in 2-way mode, the servo reacts directly after the binding process is complete. Even with the bind plug still inserted and no off/on cycle of the receiver.
In 1-way mode, it doesn't, only after I turn off the receiver and turn it on again, the servo works.

Andreas
Here is FLYSKY's reply to my question about the 1 Way binding.

Hello:

In 1-WAY mode, when the receiver completes BIND, the indicator light will flash from fast to slow. When the BIND line is removed, the transmitter exits and the receiver indicator light will always be on.

In 1-WAY mode, it is necessary to re-code the steering gear response speed to change, and our subsequent firmware will be improved.

Thank you for your support of FLYSKY products.
I still haven't asked about why I can update the firmware in two different locations for the receivers and which one is correct.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

I actually never set a failsafe, and I recieved two fgr4s. I'm using a Arrowmax Dash esc, which I calibrated after binding to radio. So I tested my 2ed buggy and doesnt happen to radio. I'm wondering if it could be a sensor wire? Or maybe the reciever gets a bad signal after turning off is why radio sees it as full throttle? I downloaded the standard 85 , I live in Sacramento CA. So not sure if I need to download FCC.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been working crazy hours and when that happens, the hobby takes a back seat. Okay, so you received two FGR4S, does this issue happen with both RX in the same vehicle? You have a Dash ESC, have you tried removing the sensor wire and running the car in sensorless mode strictly as a test? At this point, you really have to go out of your way and install the radio gear in another kit, whether it's yours or not as a test. You need to be able to confirm the problem persists while using a completely different ESC and motor combo to be able to say, it's definitely a radio issue because it's unlikely, though not impossible, that you have two faulty RX. You may want to email Flysky and link them to the particular post numbers (so they aren't reading unnecessary posts) where you discuss and show pictures of what's happening and see what their conclusion is. Wish I could help more:-/
Old 07-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Jst mod

Originally Posted by BambooSword
FGr4P JST-ZH 1.5mm mod
I know the micro receiver is coming out but the project must go on.
It was pretty tough removing all the pins because the tray is held down with glue or something. Took me more than an hour to do what should have been 10 minutes job. At the end of the day it's not really worth the board mutilation. Just wait for micro receiver if you want low profile receiver for 1/28 car.

Which channel or pin needed to change to micro jst for micro car 2ch
Old 07-04-2020, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Still looking forward to getting this in my country.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Showing in stock in the china warehouse.
Flysky Noble NB4 AFHDS3 Surface Radio w/2 x FGR4S Receivers | HobbyKing

All gone

Last edited by TOM MAR; 07-05-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got my T-Works skin in today and installed it. Came pretty quick from overseas given the pandemic situation .Ordered on June 22. I was surprised with the quality of the stickers. They are fairly thick and will take a beating while keeping the controller safe. Went on fairly easy and there were no major fitment issues. some of the holes for screws didnt line up 100% but it was acceptable. Also had to trim some slight overhang but nothing major. Gotta say I really like the skin overall.

Werty Yui and s550v like this.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ominex
Got my T-Works skin in today and installed it. Came pretty quick from overseas given the pandemic situation .Ordered on June 22. I was surprised with the quality of the stickers. They are fairly thick and will take a beating while keeping the controller safe. Went on fairly easy and there were no major fitment issues. some of the holes for screws didnt line up 100% but it was acceptable. Also had to trim some slight overhang but nothing major. Gotta say I really like the skin overall.
I've been holding off buying one of these but I'm really digging the looks. Been eyeing the blue verison of that and I think I'll place my order today. Thanks for the feedback!
Ominex likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.