Like Tree9Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Perhaps. Here is the FCC report on the bluetooth module FlySky had certified last year.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Any Idea where this guy got the skin on his NB4? I want!

Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, Im going to complain about this radio now. The one and only thing I have been able to not like about it, is one of its more distinguishing characteristics, the detachable battery. Its a cool idea, I guess, but I just dont get it. It needs to be attached to charge the battery in the handle. And a more knit picky point (the thing that keeps bothering me), if the external battery isnt attached, you need to lay the radio down on its side, like this.

Which isnt really a bad thing I guess, but its just not my preferred way (more like way Im used to doing really) of sitting a radio down. So I took it upon myself to make a dummy battery, that I can attach, just so I can sit it down upright.

This also seems silly. Im going to be attaching and detaching things from this all the time. Which begs the question... Why is this thing detachable?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MrOflam View Post
Why is this thing detachable?
Just a guess, but probably to be able to replace it after it goes bad, all batteries degrade over time:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...ased_batteries

MrOflam likes this.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Just a guess, but probably to be able to replace it after it goes bad, all batteries degrade over time:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...ased_batteries
Certainly a good point for sure.

But (Im speculating here), I dont think that is the sole reason behind it. They include a battery in the handle, so it can be used without the external, and as far as I can tell, that battery is not replaceable (I havent taken it apart to look... yet). I mean, if the only reason was to replace when gone bad, they wouldnt need the internal, and they could have just repeated the battery type and placement of the IT4.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It lets you use it without for a much lighter TX. Additionally it let's you use the base as a separate power bank if you need to. I do agree that there should be another USB port for charging and data built into the TX instead of only the base.
MrOflam likes this.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by frewster View Post
It lets you use it without for a much lighter TX. Additionally it let's you use the base as a separate power bank if you need to. I do agree that there should be another USB port for charging and data built into the TX instead of only the base.
Also a good point. Also made me curious. I got out my scale and the NB4 with battery attached is 2 oz heavier than the IT4S. The external battery is 4.8 oz, so yeah, a noticeable difference without it.

I also remembered, something I wanted to add to my whys this thing detachable comment. The possibility of dropping it when battery is not attached and getting dirt jammed in that hole in the bottom of the handle.... Now personally, I dont think I have ever dropped my radio, but I have seen my son do it lol