Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
2.4 Radio Interference any solutions ? >

2.4 Radio Interference any solutions ?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof

2.4 Radio Interference any solutions ?

Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 2.4 Radio Interference any solutions ?

My local club have had a fair amount of crashes recently with some of them being straight complete loss. just no control and them flying off and going into fail safe with a somewhat pattern in certain areas.

I'm not sure if this is a higher rate than normal (some will be down to gear failure) but some of these models have been really nice models with alot of time spent on them with really good engines and radio gear end up just flying off and being found in pieces half a mile down field.

is there any proofs that RC planes causes interference to other users ?

we have a suspicion that a 2.4 g tower near our club is blasting out 2.4g radio waves and disrupting signals which causes complete radio control loss

this is what happened to my other RC plane it was in total radio control loss,if it weren't for the fail safe method my plane would have crashed ,my rc plane cut of its engine and started to glide and was about to touch the power lines

a few months back we had a same indecent happening one of my friend was hovering his quad copter in our club that to he was hovering to so low but at sudden he lost control of his copter and started to fly on its own after few heart thumping seconds we got back the control and it was a terrifying experience for him ,
Old 04-16-2019, 01:14 AM
Tech Lord

Time to call an organisation to do a radio signal check on your field. They can meassure frequencies and their power.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

What brands of radios are these folks using that are having fly-aways?
Are they all using direct sequencing?

I agree that using a spectrometer would be a good idea, but a quality tool can cost around $30K if you want to get reliable readings.

Safest bet is to invest in a quality brand of radio system that has the highest number of FHSS frequencies that you can afford:
https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/RC-Spread-Spectrum.html

Old 04-17-2019, 04:17 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you billdelong will try