Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time??? >

Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Tech Lord

Sounds a bit like the RC drift scene over here. Those guys can buy Tamiya TRF kits and other high priced competition cars because they look good and finally controll them with cheap GT2 transmitters while with drift a good control and felling is very important.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Sounds a bit like the RC drift scene over here. Those guys can buy Tamiya TRF kits and other high priced competition cars because they look good and finally controll them with cheap GT2 transmitters while with drift a good control and felling is very important.
Well Ive got a Futaba 4PV so high end radio covered there.

I was just searching other name brand servos and came across a decent idea. What do you guys think of the MKS X5 HBL 550 Servo? Ive never owned an MKS Servo before. The entire case seems to be Aluminum, its got the speed and torque I want, its brushless, it has a one year warranty, and its $100. I could coat the servo in conformal coating minus the heat dissapation fins, and pack a small amount of marine grease into the horn opening without disassembling the case and voiding the warranty. Hows that for a compromise?

The only reserve I have on the MKS Servo is the Titanium Gearing. Isn't Titanium a softer metal that would put the gears at risk of breaking teeth, especially under hard bashing conditions? But Ive heard MKS is excellent so maybe I should just disregard my concern, especially because of the warranty.

MKS X5 HBL 550 @ AMain Hobbies
NICOLE likes this.

Last edited by wallacengineeri; 04-05-2019 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Everybody has their own opinion on what value means to them. Before shelling out that kind of money for an AGF-RC servo, I would need to have replacement gears available to me when/if the time ever came. That's just me though.

Is there replacement gears available for that brand of servos? I didn't find any.
1/8 IC Fan and NICOLE like this.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Ecopower 120T if you want to gamble
I've heard nothing but good things about these servos, with some pro drivers running them in the ET410 which is known to kill many mid grade servos in one battery pack!

What I like most about EcoPower is replacement gear sets are under $15.... where can I get replacement gear sets for these other brands of budget servos?

That is my #1 requirement before I buy another budget servo, without any replacement gear sets, I will pass on them.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rustyus
Everybody has their own opinion on what value means to them. Before shelling out that kind of money for an AGF-RC servo, I would need to have replacement gears available to me when/if the time ever came. That's just me though.

Is there replacement gears available for that brand of servos? I didn't find any.
Ya, unfortunately there really aren't any replacement gear sets for the AGF Servo. Most off-brand servos have no support of any kind so this isn't surprising.

Perhaps because of the Hardened Steel Gears, you wouldn't ever need to replace the gears in the AGF Servo, but I guess we will never find out, as I will happily spend $20 more for a high-end, name brand MKS 550 servo with a one-year warranty.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

If u wanna go value for money. I would recommend u go for the powerhd storm 3. Compare to storm 4, it got steel gears.

If u wanna go cheap. Go for jx ecoboost... The gear is quite strong and the price for a servo is similar to high end named brand servo gear set.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc
If u wanna go value for money. I would recommend u go for the powerhd storm 3. Compare to storm 4, it got steel gears.

If u wanna go cheap. Go for jx ecoboost... The gear is quite strong and the price for a servo is similar to high end named brand servo gear set.
Oh thats cool I didnt know the storm 3 went to steel gears. Thanks for that. That makes my decision a little tougher lol. The MKS servo is sweet but has titanium gears. Do you know if PowerHD Storms have a warranty?

I might have to try that cheap servo one day if my nice servo fails because I wont wont to pay for another one.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Yes spline is 25T

Originally Posted by wallacengineeri
Thats the one piece of info I can't seem to find so Ive asked the question on the Amazon product page. I woult be surprised if it wasnt. 25T is the standard after all
Thiis servo's spline is 25T, just scroll through the images on your given link.
NICOLE likes this.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OverGeared
Thiis servo's spline is 25T, just scroll through the images on your given link.
Sweet thanks for clearing that up for me. By the way guys, AFG-RC finally answered my question on Amazon. They say that they are now officially offering 1 year warranties on their servos.

Im sure that actually getting the RMA would be a real pain but it does make the servo very much worth it. VS the MKS X5 HBL 550, it has slight advantages such as stonger steel gears vs titanium ones, ever so slightly better performance (but in practice Im sure nobody could actually tell the difference), and waterproofing.

I think these advantages, combined with a similar warranty and $20 less price warrants a serious consideration for the AGF servo. I ordered the Kraton yesterday so Ive gotta make up my mind quick...

Ugh... I hate such tough choices... lol
Old 05-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Savox 2274 gets my nod for under $100.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wallacengineeri
Oh thats cool I didnt know the storm 3 went to steel gears. Thanks for that. That makes my decision a little tougher lol. The MKS servo is sweet but has titanium gears. Do you know if PowerHD Storms have a warranty?

I might have to try that cheap servo one day if my nice servo fails because I wont wont to pay for another one.
According to their website, they offer 2 years warranty.

http://www.chd.hk/service.aspx
NICOLE likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, I took the bullet and bought the servo directly from their sales rep. Will arrive to me around next week. I will open a new thread for the review of this servo.

However I did not choose the one in original post. I pick a torqier one. Also, it uses magnetic encorder instead of potentiometer. Similar with tekin servo.

You can check the specs below

​​​​

​​​​
billdelong and NICOLE like this.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

How much was it and can you share your source? The specs look good.
NICOLE likes this.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster
How much was it and can you share your source? The specs look good.
I paid $79 free shipping. You can get it from here. But u cannot find the one i bought it that page. U need to send an email to them or you can contact their sales rep on facebook. You can directly contact her here
Old 05-24-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc
I paid $79 free shipping. You can get it from here. But u cannot find the one i bought it that page. U need to send an email to them or you can contact their sales rep on facebook. You can directly contact her here
Thank you. Those pictures that rep posted of thousands of servos in production is great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.