Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time??? >

Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Possibly the Greatest VALUE 1/10 - 1/8 Servo of All Time???

I'm wondering if anyone has used these AGF-RC Servos before. The specs seem incredible for the price and it's got every feature you could possibly want in a bashing servo. So let me just give you the headlines on what you get for just $80:

- 380 oz-in torque at just 6.0V
- 0.10sec/60° speed at just 6.0V
- 4.8V, 6.0V, 7.4V, and 8.4V compatible
- IP67 Waterproof Rated
- All Steel Gears
- All Alloy Case
- Brushless Motor

With specs like these, this Servo is on par with some very serious $100+ Racing Servos such as the ProTek RC 170SBL but this one is even waterproof!

I'm considering either this or a Power HD Storm 4 Servo for my new Version 4.0 Arrma Kraton. Honestly its a really tough call. I know the Storm 4 isnt waterproof but Ive got a bottle of nice conformal coating so that is not an issue.

AGF-RC Servo Model A80BHSW:
www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDWTRRX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jGKPCbVR0BYST
Old 04-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

You think?

Last I have bought some of these:
Amazon Amazon

Much better specs for a much lower price.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
You think?

Last I have bought some of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoolRC-Perf.../dp/B00YWLS096

Much better specs for a much lower price.
Those do look like decent specs, but I have to disagree fora few reasons.

- Firstly, it says its been discontinued and is no longer available. How much were they?

- This seems like the much weaker, yet high speed version of the AGF servo (AGF 33KG @ 7.4V VS GodRC 25KG @ 7.4V) so the GodRC would be a better option for a lighter vehicle like a stock plastic 1/8 Buggy or 1/10 RC

- The Top Plate looks like plastic (VERY BAD for bashers)

- The type of metal used in the gears is not stated but Im sure if it was that cheap then they are probably made of a weakee grade metal than the AGF's Hardened Steel (Similar to Hot Racing Pinion Gears)

- Not Waterproof (HUGE Negative)

I would say the GodRC Servo would be a good overall value at around $40
Old 04-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Ecopower 120T if you want to gamble
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Ecopower 120T if you want to gamble
Ick lol no way those things are terrible. I want a nice high-end servo, planning on making my Kraton V4 my Ultimate RC (M2C Chassis, Voltage Hobbies Shock Towers and chassis braces, RPM Arms, Hot Racing Transmission Cases, ECT)
Old 04-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallacengineeri
Those do look like decent specs, but I have to disagree fora few reasons.

- Firstly, it says its been discontinued and is no longer available. How much were they?

- This seems like the much weaker, yet high speed version of the AGF servo (AGF 33KG @ 7.4V VS GodRC 25KG @ 7.4V) so the GodRC would be a better option for a lighter vehicle like a stock plastic 1/8 Buggy or 1/10 RC

- The Top Plate looks like plastic (VERY BAD for bashers)

- The type of metal used in the gears is not stated but Im sure if it was that cheap then they are probably made of a weakee grade metal than the AGF's Hardened Steel (Similar to Hot Racing Pinion Gears)

- Not Waterproof (HUGE Negative)

I would say the GodRC Servo would be a good overall value at around $40
Right.....
20 years ago we were running the same cars with 6 to 8kg non-water proof servo's with a speed of 0.14 sec in plastic cases with plastc gears and now -even with much better specs- it is not good? And there are more shops selling this servo, and I did pay 34 euro a piece w/o any shipping costs.

Making waterproof is easy to do, plastic case has never been an issue, more than 20kg force is just overkill and I can go on.....
But hey, people like to have the highest rated numbers so go ahead!
Old 04-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Right.....
20 years ago we were running the same cars with 6 to 8kg non-water proof servo's with a speed of 0.14 sec in plastic cases with plastc gears and now -even with much better specs- it is not good? And there are more shops selling this servo, and I did pay 34 euro a piece w/o any shipping costs.

Making waterproof is easy to do, plastic case has never been an issue, more than 20kg force is just overkill and I can go on.....
But hey, people like to have the highest rated numbers so go ahead!
I never said its a bad servo, it just seems like it might not be a good fit for me. I plan on running tons of aluminum upgrades and huge MX38 Badlands tires. I want to build a truck that can be dropped off a 5-story building and break NOTHING. I need a super tough servo with tons of torque to move tons of weight and big tires. But 34 euros and free shipping isnt bad for that GodRC one, really.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

that does look like a nice servo. 25T?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
that does look like a nice servo. 25T?
Thats the one piece of info I can't seem to find so Ive asked the question on the Amazon product page. I woult be surprised if it wasnt. 25T is the standard after all
Old 04-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For $80 I would go with a savox atleast you have one year warranty with a USA distributor that hasn’t given me trouble when sending servos back
platgof and enare like this.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Soyer
For $80 I would go with a savox atleast you have one year warranty with a USA distributor that hasn’t given me trouble when sending servos back
THIS is a VERY GOOD POINT! With a Savox, I don't have any worries for 12 whole months. The negative being that no Savox ANYWHERE NEAR this price can hold a candle to this servo's features or performance. Maybe try the AGF servo once and then if it breaks within a year, just go name brand like Savox or Hitec from then on?
NICOLE likes this.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

But no Savox in that pricerange comes with a metal case, that huge power and full water proof as it is with the in the topic start mentioned servo.

We know that those are overrated specs and that we want other qualities than only a lot for less (and it isn't even that low priced) but the topicstarter thinks it is the best value servo there is
Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

But no Savox in that pricerange comes with a metal case, that huge power and full water proof as it is with the in the topic start mentioned servo.

We know that those are overrated specs and that we want other qualities than only a lot for less (and it isn't even that low priced) but the topicstarter thinks it is the best value servo there is
​​​​​​Well the Savox SW-1211SG is a fairly decent option with waterproofing, steel gears, and digital control. Its got a aluminum middle case but the top and bottom are plastic. The bottom doesn't matter but the top really does. Ive broken several screw mounts and plastic top plates in the past. Plus, to get the amount of torque I need for this project (Minimum 300 oz-in), it needs bo be run at 7.4V, which the stock Arrma ESC cannot do. On 6.0V, this Savox only has the same 208 oz-in of torque that the stock Arrma ADS-15 servo has. So to make this servo work for the project, I would need a new ESC. Everyone agrees that the Stock Servos are mediocre and need upgrading.

I am planning on getting a MAX6 ESC for the truck eventually but that won't be for awhile.

The AGF specs are probably slightly inflated but so is every other Servo. On top of that you only get the rated speed under no load.

There is one video of the AGF servo on YouTube. From a random RC Enthusiast channel, it shows blistering performance on an Arrma Talion V3 on stock ESC (6.0V/ 3.0A BEC): https://youtu.be/0bzQzG2Vx

That kind of performance on just 6.0V is no joke. Its certainly on par with how my old ProTek 170SBL performed in my old Serpent Cobra Racing Truggy.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallacengineeri
Ick lol no way those things are terrible. I want a nice high-end servo, planning on making my Kraton V4 my Ultimate RC (M2C Chassis, Voltage Hobbies Shock Towers and chassis braces, RPM Arms, Hot Racing Transmission Cases, ECT)
If you want high end, dont associate low end! You get what you pay for. Get a Protek 160t or 170tbl And never look the other way! You already bought an overpriced M2C chassis, why stop at a cheap servo????
wrightcs77 and Juglenaut like this.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
If you want high end, dont associate low end! You get what you pay for. Get a Protek 160t or 170tbl And never look the other way! You already bought an overpriced M2C chassis, why stop at a cheap servo????
Chassis is a NECESSITY for bashers on these Kratons. The stock chassis simply bends way too easily. Same with shock towers and RPM arms. However the electronics should be mid-tier so they arent super expensive to replace when you break them. Maybe I could find a happy medium and maybe spend $100-$110 on a nice black edition savox so then I have a warranty for if it breaks? Then I can just waterproof the exterior myself with globs of conformal coating so its warranty-legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.